Rate my gameplay please.

#11nessonett106Posted 4/6/2013 7:15:05 AM
(Watched the first half to get an idea then started typing.)

Solid gameplay, but personally i like to stay in a little bit closer and keep my hammer charged more of the time when waiting for openings.
Unless you have a 2-3 step space to close don't bother with a lvl 1 charge in your triple pound combo as it'll throw off your spacing and timing more than just waiting out the swing's cooldown would.
General MOI comment, but hey i don't get those either.

I'd put the gameplay at about a 7.5/10
---
MH3 + MH3U Name: Marty . . . . EU servers . . . .
#12frostee-ukPosted 4/6/2013 8:13:33 AM
I really enjoyed watching, some nice timings on the blows and dodges on stuff like roars, and thanks for editing out the part when she changes area, made it more fun to watch. I don't quite get hammers though, they are known for knocking down monsters but I swear I get just as many knock downs as you did if not more when i use my lance, and you were solidly going for the head so I don't get it...
#13KaiserWarriorPosted 4/6/2013 8:23:27 AM
frostee-uk posted...
I really enjoyed watching, some nice timings on the blows and dodges on stuff like roars, and thanks for editing out the part when she changes area, made it more fun to watch. I don't quite get hammers though, they are known for knocking down monsters but I swear I get just as many knock downs as you did if not more when i use my lance, and you were solidly going for the head so I don't get it...

Hammers inflict KO damage, and enough KO damage to the head of a monster scores a Knockout, which is a special status in which they fall over and are vulnerable for a while. This is not the same as a head stagger.

The 'knock downs' you're getting with your lance are likely leg staggers. A leg stagger also knocks the monster over, but for a shorter time than a Knockout. A Knockout is also separate from head staggers, so the monster will overall spend more time vulnerable.
#14LostSoldier20Posted 4/6/2013 8:26:37 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Hammers inflict KO damage, and enough KO damage to the head of a monster scores a Knockout, which is a special status in which they fall over and are vulnerable for a while. This is not the same as a head stagger.

The 'knock downs' you're getting with your lance are likely leg staggers. A leg stagger also knocks the monster over, but for a shorter time than a Knockout. A Knockout is also separate from head staggers, so the monster will overall spend more time vulnerable.

And hammers can do both of these, or capitalize on trips team members cause.

Ian gets tripped
Hammer / Hunting Horn goes for head, which is now mostly stationary
Ian gets up
Hammer / Hunting Horn gets in one last hit, KOing her, and bringing her back down to the ground
Extra time for everyone to slice and dice
---
www.club1kjho.com
Come join 1kJho, and meet many fellow Monster Hunter players, and even get a hunting party together.
#15ShenGaoRen(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 3:51:39 PM
KaiserWarrior posted...

* Flubbed several MOIs on the roar
* Too much time spent fishing for superpounds on the head. Missed a lot of opportunities to get hits in on the tail while she's hovering
* Missed several opportunities to continue damage output by just spamming triple pound and eating the golfswing recovery instead of golfswing->microcharge->triplepound.
* Lots of missed opportunities to land some damage by uppercutting the head instead of waiting for a full charge by which point she'd moved.
* Dem whiffs while she was eating.

I'll just address these points since this sums up most of them.

1. I'm aware of the tail openings, I just don't like to. If I make her stagger from the tail, I wouldn't make it to the head before she gets up. Also, online, I restrict myself to the head, unless there are no teammates close by, I'll just go after whatever.
2. I will look into that. I'm just iffy on eating that golfswing recovery. Is there enough time to finish a second golfswing or will I roll after the second pound?
3. Are you saying I should have uppercut instead of waiting for superpound in some cases?
4. DEM ****ING WHIFFS! I can' t do anything about it. :(
5. I'm pretty bad with the timing, I feel like there's a lag between my button press and the game, but I'm probably just bad. I'll gem in Evade+2, that should fix my evade timings.

I also stream occasionally, twitch is TwoSpooky.
#16flanqerPosted 4/6/2013 5:45:55 PM
ShenGaoRen posted...
5. I'm pretty bad with the timing, I feel like there's a lag between my button press and the game, but I'm probably just bad.

Check your TV's settings. If it has a Game Mode setting, turn it on.

Most TVs have settings to sharpen the picture and remove noise, but this processing adds a noticeable delay. "Game Mode" eliminates the delay by disabling the picture enhancements.

On my TV, Game Mode isn't a permanent setting, so every time I turn on the TV or switch inputs, I have to remember to go in and turn Game Mode back on before I start playing games.
#17huki4101Posted 4/6/2013 7:30:16 PM
You're good enough TC. Don't ask people on GFaqs to rate you cause they've always fancied themselves MH gods.

You should go for more uppercuts though. Uppercut --> hammer check loads up a lot of KO damage, and can fit into tiny openings. If you get a stagger, you can continue the check into a pound --> golfswing.
---
I'm like, six damn strings never sounded so appealing.
MHTri - Felix , MH3U - Kule
#18KaiserWarriorPosted 4/6/2013 8:06:05 PM
ShenGaoRen posted...
I'll just address these points since this sums up most of them.

1. I'm aware of the tail openings, I just don't like to. If I make her stagger from the tail, I wouldn't make it to the head before she gets up. Also, online, I restrict myself to the head, unless there are no teammates close by, I'll just go after whatever.
2. I will look into that. I'm just iffy on eating that golfswing recovery. Is there enough time to finish a second golfswing or will I roll after the second pound?
3. Are you saying I should have uppercut instead of waiting for superpound in some cases?
4. DEM ****ING WHIFFS! I can' t do anything about it. :(
5. I'm pretty bad with the timing, I feel like there's a lag between my button press and the game, but I'm probably just bad. I'll gem in Evade+2, that should fix my evade timings.

I also stream occasionally, twitch is TwoSpooky.

Not sure on the timing as it's been a long time since I've hammered a 3rd gen rathian, but even if you have to roll out before getting in another golfswing, you're still getting more hits than you would otherwise. Instead of just sitting there and watching the golfswing recovery, you go into the barely-charged one-two swing and link it another triple pound; you can of course roll out as needed.

And yes, I'm saying that in some cases you should uppercut instead of waiting for the superpound. It's not a big difference -- as I said, you're good now, it's just the difference between good and great -- but you do squeeze in a bit more DPS by getting in a couple extra uppercuts in spaces where you would have been waiting with a full charge for a superpound opportunity. Might have even helped a bit with the whiffing while she was eating, as the uppercut has more vertical hit than the first and second hits of the triple pound.