Slime is BS

#1midpoint77Posted 4/7/2013 4:09:35 AM
I wouldn't mind going for the slight edge in MH, but slime sounds way too OP.
From what I understand, slime is slightly less effective than the element that a monster is weak to when soloing, but when in a group it's way more effective since everyone's slime contributes? Cmon Blizzard why would you do this..
---
MH3U - Mudkipzz (EU)
#2meifirePosted 4/7/2013 4:12:45 AM
"C'mon, Blizzard..."

Wait, what?
#3psoRangerPosted 4/7/2013 4:13:35 AM
uhh......FOR THE HORDE!
---
1-29-01 Phantasy Star Online
#4davinthegreat98Posted 4/7/2013 4:29:02 AM
Vonderhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#5PhoenixWroggiPosted 4/7/2013 4:40:29 AM
Free Varg!
#6Gogito4Posted 4/7/2013 5:56:57 AM
Freakin' Paladins...
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#7TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 4/7/2013 6:30:47 AM
Just curious since I never played online at this point...can't you just make a no slime weapon room and kick people who don't follow the rule?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#8nessonett106Posted 4/7/2013 6:33:49 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Just curious since I never played online at this point...can't you just make a no slime weapon room and kick people who don't follow the rule?

Sure, but theres really not a lot of point. As the TC himself said, slime becomes more effective for each additional player that uses it. So therefore once say, 2 players are not using slime then its on par with a correct elemental weapon and its no longer broken, and theres no reason to kick anyone.
---
MH3 + MH3U Name: Marty . . . . EU servers . . . .
#9TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 4/7/2013 6:41:26 AM
nessonett106 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

Sure, but theres really not a lot of point. As the TC himself said, slime becomes more effective for each additional player that uses it. So therefore once say, 2 players are not using slime then its on par with a correct elemental weapon and its no longer broken, and theres no reason to kick anyone.

It would just be easier to say no slime weapons at all then. If people can see that from the room selection screen then they'll most likely not go in. Better yet, it can say "slime = kick" and it shouldn't be an issue.

All this is under the assumption it can be done like that of course. I really want to try online but this is my first MH and I'm still trying to learn how everything works. A lot of things in this game aren't explained very well and I have to come here to learn.

Remember the days when games came with nice detailed manuals that taught you how to play?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#10TAoRPosted 4/7/2013 6:45:36 AM
There's a digital manual. And the game does teach you all the basics. It simply doesn't hold your hand after the tutorial