Aqua sac

#1DaProphecy84Posted 4/8/2013 6:03:52 PM
New to the series as a whole.

Trying to make the ludroths pair dual blades. Everything I've read says that a royal ludroth will drop an "aqua sac" I've bested close to 15 of them and haven't gotten one. Is that just the way the game works as you move forward and it turns into a farming/luck game?

Just trying to make sure that I'm even killing the right monster!
#2ShyvanaPosted 4/8/2013 6:14:19 PM
10% Chance of carving it form the body.
25% chance of getting it from capturing.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#3s0nicfanPosted 4/8/2013 6:15:21 PM
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Ludroth_Carves

Looks like it only has an 8% drop rate by itself. You can boost it to 10% on a body carve, but your best bet is to capture it.

Keep in mind some parts are effectively only possible to acquire by breaking certain monster parts or capturing them instead of killing them.
---
"History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever." - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
#4DaProphecy84(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:22:14 PM
I've busted it mane every time. Recently been doing that plus the tail, just have had zero luck at all!
#5s0nicfanPosted 4/8/2013 6:24:26 PM
According to the link I gave you the mane bust/tail carve table doesn't have an aqua sac, so doing that isn't boosting your chances.
---
"History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever." - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
#6DaProphecy84(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:35:32 PM
s0nicfan posted...
According to the link I gave you the mane bust/tail carve table doesn't have an aqua sac, so doing that isn't boosting your chances.

They don't deter me from getting a better chance though, do they?

Lastly I'm just repeating the village quest "royal pain" and capturing him. Is that hurting my chances? I didn't know it had different values depending on the way you hunt it.
#7s0nicfanPosted 4/8/2013 6:36:35 PM
Capturing is your best bet, and breaking parts doesn't hurt your chances of getting items from the body carves. If you keep capturing and aren't getting any, consider going for a food combination that boosts your chances of getting extra stuff after a hunt
---