Error code 106-0612

#1cadooron2Posted 4/9/2013 10:48:25 AM
Sorry that i am opening a thread about this but does anyone have a DECISIVE way on how to fix this problem?
It is not in only 1 kind of router I've seen many people encounter this problem but no one gave a direct answer on how to fix it
#2JonbazookabozPosted 4/9/2013 11:02:12 AM(edited)
If you have tried ALL the stuff on ninty website such as static ip and dmz etc etc. Then its your router im afraid. If you look on the ninty website for compatible routers about 60% of the routers on the market are NOT on it! Most isp free routers just dont like nintendo.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#3cadooron2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 11:03:00 AM
I have used my cell phone as a tethering device to give me Wifi access and even when it's not a router or anything it still happened
#4JonbazookabozPosted 4/9/2013 11:06:12 AM
cadooron2 posted...
I have used my cell phone as a tethering device to give me Wifi access and even when it's not a router or anything it still happened

Your phone is not on the compatible list
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#5cadooron2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 11:08:07 AM
This is still not a real decisive answer, can you show a list of compatible and not compatible routers?
If you can't it means it may not be the problem, and even if it is, which router should i get to fix it?
#6JonbazookabozPosted 4/9/2013 11:08:33 AM
A good way to check compatibility is to try a world online race in MK7 on 3ds. If it works without drops its fine if it disconnects its the router.
---
#7JonbazookabozPosted 4/9/2013 11:10:17 AM
cadooron2 posted...
This is still not a real decisive answer, can you show a list of compatible and not compatible routers?
If you can't it means it may not be the problem, and even if it is, which router should i get to fix it?

Click your brand to see if your model is listed:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/routers/index.jsp
---
#8cadooron2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 11:12:52 AM
My router brand is not in that list and even if it's not, i talked to Nintendo customer support and when i told them the model and brand of my router they didn't say a thing that "it's not compatible"
#9JonbazookabozPosted 4/9/2013 11:14:24 AM
If your EXACT model is there. Then phone your isp as you are not on a priority broadband line resulting in you getting intermittent drops and most likely being susceptible to throttling which nintendo devices cant handle but many other devices can.
---
#10JonbazookabozPosted 4/9/2013 11:15:52 AM
I have been through 4 routers and 3 isp providers til i got one that worked with my 3ds and wii u
---