Wow, Kelbi bow turns Alatreon into soup.

#1BeefyNukesPosted 4/14/2013 10:21:02 AM
And honestly, play how you like, but it made the fight boring. I don't think I'll touch it again considering I got all the alatreon parts I need.

I've never picked up a bow, ever, in my MH3U career.

After Hammering Alatreon for 5 kills, and having problems getting his webbings, I decided to try a Kelbi bow out.

Spending 30 farming for the fully upgraded bow, and maybe a couple of hours for the giginox parts I needed for his armor, I was ready.

Practice run. Went in with mega potions, potions, cool drinks.

20 minute kill. I fully expected it to go down to the wire, because the only coating I used was Slime and there was no possible way a bow could be doing that much damage. No coating? Killing the G-Rank end boss in 20 minutes? You've got to be kidding me.

I didn't have HGE, and that could have knocked a good few minutes off of the fight.

Compared to my 40+ minute Hammer fights that involved much better timing, skill, and stress.

Anyhoo, thanks for my Expert+7, Evasion+5 Talisman Alatreon. :P The next time I farm you it'll be online and without that cheap slingshot.

If you're frustrated with Alatreon and don't mind turning his fight into a smooth experience, use the Kelbi bow.
#2ih0tfireiPosted 4/14/2013 10:25:45 AM
Kelbi bow makes every fight easy...
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#3MSN 04 SazabiPosted 4/14/2013 10:25:47 AM
isn't he the single player hp HR rank version though
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#4GuardianShadow0Posted 4/14/2013 10:25:58 AM
Kelbi bow turns pretty much everything into soup.
---
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc
#5Dusk_Posted 4/14/2013 10:26:33 AM
did you just spam the first shot or did you do 3 charge shots?
#6AdaptBlade_KxmPosted 4/14/2013 10:27:17 AM
I'll never touch it again!
Until I am desperate for some other monsters parts....

You broke tc, you're one of them.
---
Put Ya Guns On! After all...What've I got to lose? Wii U: AdaptXero Monster Hunter : Axero
---
#7ih0tfireiPosted 4/14/2013 10:27:17 AM
MSN 04 Sazabi posted...

Yes the event version is much harder and his fireball can one shot most gunner sets.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#8BeefyNukes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 10:30:31 AM
ih0tfirei posted...
MSN 04 Sazabi posted...

Yes the event version is much harder and his fireball can one shot most gunner sets.

His fireball is so easy to avoid, getting hit is hardly a problem for anyone who's spent even 2~3 fights against him.

Hell, one of his problems is there's so many openings in his attack rotation to just spam fire spread shots.

As for what I did, mostly spread shots. I would level 3~4 (Don't know which, second rapid fire charge. See how much I know about bow?) when he was out of range, usually on his head or wings.

No statuses were inflicted. Feel free to paralyze/sleep if you need to break his horns.
#9AjenlaPosted 4/14/2013 10:32:31 AM
I really only plan to use The Kelbidrome's Gift on Ala if I can't do it with SA, DB, SnS, HH, or any other type of bow.
#10ih0tfireiPosted 4/14/2013 10:34:59 AM
BeefyNukes posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
MSN 04 Sazabi posted...

His fireball is so easy to avoid, getting hit is hardly a problem for anyone who's spent even 2~3 fights against him.

Hell, one of his problems is there's so many openings in his attack rotation to just spam fire spread shots.

As for what I did, mostly spread shots. I would level 3~4 (Don't know which, second rapid fire charge. See how much I know about bow?) when he was out of range, usually on his head or wings.

No statuses were inflicted. Feel free to paralyze/sleep if you need to break his horns.

yeah the village one is easy to avoid but from the videos I've seen on the event version its a bit harder. Not so much the fireball but his other moves leading into it. Then again most people won't be doing the G rank version solo.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I