armor stone

#1chang_1910Posted 4/18/2013 12:56:00 AM
hi.. anyone knows the best way to obtain them?
where to mine the? which quest of which level give them more as reward?

i m doing lvl 3 stars in solo (can pry quickly go up) and HR 6
hunting horn user with peco x armor

i need stones to make heavy and tru armor sphere. thx :)

also anyone know the faster way to get resources? and what i can transform into resources without risking need it in the future for a weapon/armor ...
thx
:)
#2BlackHoleEyesPosted 4/18/2013 1:16:53 AM
You can't mine them. THe only places to get them is sending the ships to Pirate's Tomb, when they get an upgrade, VERY rarely from Hunters for Hire, and apparently very rarely from certain quest. (Diablos i think, either hi or low rank in port.)

Even if you get them, you still need rare g-rank stuff to turn them into Tru Armor Spheres. Either Meldspar Ore of Flutterflies. Easier to mine in the volcano, really.

Apparently, much later, the peddler lady will get a stock upgrade that sells armor stones, but for now, no dice.
#3chang_1910(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 1:21:50 AM
BlackHoleEyes posted...
You can't mine them. THe only places to get them is sending the ships to Pirate's Tomb, when they get an upgrade, VERY rarely from Hunters for Hire, and apparently very rarely from certain quest. (Diablos i think, either hi or low rank in port.)

Even if you get them, you still need rare g-rank stuff to turn them into Tru Armor Spheres. Either Meldspar Ore of Flutterflies. Easier to mine in the volcano, really.

Apparently, much later, the peddler lady will get a stock upgrade that sells armor stones, but for now, no dice.

oh man, really?!?!?! i didnt know they were going to be so hard. kind of figure/expected they would be easier.
i have like 7 ?graciur (the ore for the hvy armor sphere) and like 11 meldspar and 6-8 flutterfly... :(

i wanted to finish upgrade both my main of armors set :(
#4chang_1910(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 1:23:07 AM
how advance in solo game i have to be to send the boat to that area? thx
#5chang_1910(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:40:59 AM
bump :) thx
#6Voyage1970Posted 4/18/2013 11:49:13 AM
You can kill 3 birds with one stone if you just go mining in G Rank Volcano with a Gathering Set. You'll get a lot of Hvy and Tru Armor Spheres, Allfire Stones/Meldspar Ores, and potentially good charms. Trade the Allfire Stones and Meldspar Ores for resources. I believe they go for 150 a piece but you'll have multiple stacks before you know it.
#7BlueSilver205Posted 4/18/2013 11:49:36 AM
chang_1910 posted...

You need to max the boat to level 3 and wait for a special condition that gives the boat an extra star. Honestly not worth it because that condition is very uncommon.
---
May I have some water, kind sir?
#8chang_1910(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 12:32:07 PM
Voyage1970 posted...
You can kill 3 birds with one stone if you just go mining in G Rank Volcano with a Gathering Set. You'll get a lot of Hvy and Tru Armor Spheres, Allfire Stones/Meldspar Ores, and potentially good charms. Trade the Allfire Stones and Meldspar Ores for resources. I believe they go for 150 a piece but you'll have multiple stacks before you know it.

by gathering set you mean gathering skill +10 with talysman and decoration, or a specific armor?

thanks.. i being farming the volcano with no luck, so maybe thats what i need.

and thatll be great then if i can mine the spheres and then transform the meldspar into resources (no other crazy use for them e.g. awesome upcoming arnor set?) that will be awesome!!
thanks so much sir.
#9chang_1910(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 12:32:55 PM
BlueSilver205 posted...
chang_1910 posted...

You need to max the boat to level 3 and wait for a special condition that gives the boat an extra star. Honestly not worth it because that condition is very uncommon.

hmmm.... i see.
hope i can do what voyage said then.. :s
#10Voyage1970Posted 4/18/2013 12:44:37 PM
Yes, like the starting Leather armor is a decent gathering set as it has Gathering+1, Whim, and Spd Gathering and has enough slots to make Gathering+2 easily. Ultimately you would probably want to get the Azurous X set with a Charmer+4 charm at least. With that you can get Gathering+2, Whim, Spd Gathering, Charm Hunter (20% chance of getting 2 charms instead of 1 when gathering). Incidentally there is a pitifully easy G Rank quest where you fight 2 Azurous that you could probably solo in a matter of minutes.