Do all Wii U games have online as awful as this?

#1blackderbyhatPosted 4/18/2013 8:50:58 PM
Feels like it was made about 10 years ago. We're really still doing "lobbies" in 2013?

Not to mention all the error codes people get with it. Is this the norm for Wii U games or is it just Capcom being especially ****ty?
#2derpnikPosted 4/18/2013 8:52:19 PM
It's Capcom, for some reason they want to keep the online aspect as close to MH1 as possible.
#3VandyanPosted 4/18/2013 8:54:11 PM(edited)
No, this games horrible online is all about capcom, not about the Wii.

You have to remember that this is a port of a 3ds game that had no online play at all, so it was tacked on, and not very well.

That being said, the disconnects is about the Wii U. It has incompatibility issues with many of the routers that the internet companies give out with their service, so a lot of the people that haven't shelled out cash for a good router that they can customize and use the crappy ones their cable companies give them are going to have problems with all the wii u online games.
#4OldDirtyCRPosted 4/18/2013 8:56:46 PM
The online isn't playing nice with older routers essentially, and some new routers.

I've seen firmware updates fix the issues for people though (on their router). I've seen many people fix their issue by buying a new router too. The problem is something to do with how the online is set up. It's not that Capcom made an error, it's just that the method they chose isn't very friendly with some routers.

Anyways people need to realize the vocal minority effect. People without troubles aren't saying anything (because there is nothing to say), so since only the people with connection issues are complaining it seems like a ton of people are having problems. The reality is that it's possibly not even 1% of total players.
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#5muchigoroPosted 4/18/2013 9:05:08 PM
i have spent over 100 hours online now...no problems aside from the random room i couldn't join.
---
3DS FC - 4124-5261-5675
#6LLelouchPosted 4/18/2013 9:08:56 PM
Wii U isn't alone in the whole router compatability issue. I've personally had wifi issues with my PS3 as well. There's too many different router models out there to support all of them, especially those that are 5+ years old. Technology is progressing too quickly for some people to keep up with.

Though I kinda feel like alot of people are complaining before updating their router firmware. Maybe it's just me.
---
No matter what you plan for, always have a backup.
#7Wyvern72Posted 4/18/2013 9:12:02 PM
Lobbies? As opposed to what? Match-making would ruin the system and make online horrible and unfun.

What alternative to you propose?
#8pobattiPosted 4/18/2013 9:18:36 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but it had better be more stable than Mass Effect 3. In fact I doubt any other Wii-U game with online is as unstable as Mass Effect 3, I don't mind a little lag, or a little difficulty in obtaining a connection from time to time, but when you're constantly booted from the server in round 10/11 or whenever is required to keep you from actually getting anywhere it's pretty much time to pack it in.

My constant searches for a fix continually turned up the fact that the Wii-U has somewhat faulty online connectivity. Apparently you get a much better connection by manually entering your IP, subnet and DNS server information rather than letting the Wii-U do it itself.

Ok so far heres what works, entering in everything manually.

1. Go into connection types, Hit "Manual Configuration"

2. Input your SSID

3. Input the correct security type, this is key.

4. Put your password in properly

5. For ip address "Do not auto obtain".

6. open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig

7. Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so "192.168.0.1" will be entered as "192.168.0.11"

8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.

9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit "Dont auto obtain".

10. For the first server put in 8.8.8.8

11. For the second server put in 8.8.4.4

12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy

13. Leave mtu as the default

14. it should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10. Good luck

Don't know if this is applicable here, but worth a try :)
#9jagger_wandererPosted 4/18/2013 9:20:48 PM
A giant city so you can see everybody that plays the game like Guild Wars 1.
God I hate games that have this type of model. People either stand around trying to look pretty with their show off gear or having dance party naked. It's all chatter and nothing gets done.
---
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever
#10blackderbyhat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 9:21:02 PM
Wyvern72 posted...
Lobbies? As opposed to what? Match-making would ruin the system and make online horrible and unfun.

What alternative to you propose?

???

All we have now is basically a worse version of matchmaking with the search system. What would you say are the key differences between search and matchmaking? I don't see any real differences tbh

FYI, I wouldn't be taking away the ability to make a custom game, (like every PC game in the last 20 years has had) just replacing the search with matchmaking.