question about kelbi bow sets?

#1ragnarok183Posted 4/19/2013 10:43:38 AM
of all the g-rank sets, the only complete gunner sets i've seen with awaken/free-element are:

-gigginox x (gigginox)

-selene x ([goldbeard] ceadeus)

-lagiacrus x ([ivory] lagiacrus)

i'm a bit torn on which set i should use with the kelbi bow:

-g.nox x looks the least ridiculous, and has decent resistance distribution; i don't use status much, but maybe with this set...?

-the ceadeus x set has great skills, with hge and destroyer, but i really don't like the resistance distribution: imo, water is a very inconsequential/underused element, and -30 on dragon?? alatreon and jho pretty much get free kills

-unfortunately, i don't have the mats to see all parts of the lagiacrus x set, but from what i can see, it has mediocre resistance distribution, and awaken...and that's about it; the other skills it has to offer, besides awaken, don't seem to help a kelbi bow set much
#2DjSleepyDPosted 4/19/2013 10:48:50 AM
for alatreon/jho go with giggi X anything else selene X another reason giggi is good for status is it has load up which gives you the last charge which applies a good bit of status to the monster.
---
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and frankly I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein NNID-Gutler MH3U:Kyrin
#3spacesPosted 4/19/2013 10:49:07 AM
If you're not using status you're not gunning properly.

Gigginox X vs Alatreon, Selene X vs everything else because almost nothing in the game does dragon type damage anyway.

Kelbi bow is not that great, agroup of 4 competent players using proper elemental weapons will kill stuff faster than a group of 4 kelbi bow users. The only advantage of kelbi bow is that you make the game easier if the whole group is using it by constantly flinching the monster so you never have to move or do anything except press X over and over.

In a group where not everyone is using kelbi bow or slime dual swords, kelbi bow is horrible because all it does is make the monsters rage mode permanently and you don't have the flinching power to make up for it.
#4ih0tfireiPosted 4/19/2013 11:39:20 AM
spaces posted...

Gigginox X vs Alatreon, Selene X vs everything else because almost nothing in the game does dragon type damage anyway.

Kelbi bow is not that great, agroup of 4 competent players using proper elemental weapons will kill stuff faster than a group of 4 kelbi bow users. The only advantage of kelbi bow is that you make the game easier if the whole group is using it by constantly flinching the monster so you never have to move or do anything except press X over and over.

In a group where not everyone is using kelbi bow or slime dual swords, kelbi bow is horrible because all it does is make the monsters rage mode permanently and you don't have the flinching power to make up for it.

That's because your using it wrong. Unless your in a group(of four kelbi bows) you don't spam level 1 charge shots. You use just like you would any other bow, that means using slime and power coatings with full charge shots.

As for OP's question I personally rank the sets as follows

1. Lagi X
2. Giggi x
3. Helios x

Imo Helios is the worst set of them all. Destroyer is a really useless skill(for kelbi bow) and the only advantage it has over the others is HGE. Even then the only monster that roars a lot is gigginox.

Giggi set is good, the full set itself has everything for you and you just need to gem in evasion.

Lagi set imo is the best but not a full set. It's best when combined with other set parts. My kelbi bow set gives me awaken, weakness exploiter, focus, bombadier and evasion+1.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
NNID - Hotfire
#5ShybaasonPosted 4/19/2013 5:05:38 PM
ih0tfirei posted...
You use just like you would any other bow, that means using SLIME and power coatings with full charge shots.
close but a resounding LOLNO.
Power coatings are fine but Slime coatings should NEVER be used on Kelbi bow as they don't STACK with the insane natural slime they REPLACE it with a pathetic amount.
#6bulbinkingPosted 4/19/2013 5:11:23 PM
DjSleepyD posted...
for alatreon/jho go with giggi X anything else selene X another reason giggi is good for status is it has load up which gives you the last charge which applies a good bit of status to the monster.

Sorry, but status isn't boosts by charge level, only how many hits it gets on the monster.
---
poker-over-killing.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-was-gamefaqs-moderator-for-5-yrs.html
NintendoID: Bulbinking (MH3U Charm Table 10 Master Race!)
#7AjenlaPosted 4/19/2013 5:14:03 PM
ih0tfirei posted...
spaces posted...

That's because your using it wrong. Unless your in a group(of four kelbi bows) you don't spam level 1 charge shots. You use just like you would any other bow, that means using slime and power coatings with full charge shots.

As for OP's question I personally rank the sets as follows

1. Lagi X
2. Giggi x
3. Helios x

Imo Helios is the worst set of them all. Destroyer is a really useless skill(for kelbi bow) and the only advantage it has over the others is HGE. Even then the only monster that roars a lot is gigginox.

Giggi set is good, the full set itself has everything for you and you just need to gem in evasion.

Lagi set imo is the best but not a full set. It's best when combined with other set parts. My kelbi bow set gives me awaken, weakness exploiter, focus, bombadier and evasion+1.

Why are you so hell bent on making the Kelbi Bow what it isn't.

You don't need to charge and you don't need coatings especially SLIME and power coatings

Destroyer would be perfect because it would gift staggers to the Kelbi Bow but exploiter is useless because you're dealing FIXED damage.
#8Voyage1970Posted 4/19/2013 5:38:43 PM
bulbinking posted...
DjSleepyD posted...

Sorry, but status isn't boosts by charge level, only how many hits it gets on the monster.

Actually Status Coatings are boosted by Charge level. No Charge is a .5 modifier, Lvl 2 is neutral 1.0 mod, and Lvl3-4 is a boosted 1.25 mod. Poison is the only exception in that it gets a 1.5 mod at Lvl3-4.
#9crazySurfertjePosted 4/19/2013 6:03:42 PM
Ajenla posted...

You don't need to charge and you don't need coatings especially SLIME and power coatings

Destroyer would be perfect because it would gift staggers to the Kelbi Bow but exploiter is useless because you're dealing FIXED damage.

Power Coating = faster kill times

He also clearly mentioned "unless you are playing with 4 slime users". Sorry but standing there spamming lvl1 will get you hit.
Did you know you can charge while moving? Like when you move to avoid attacks. And it'll do more damage than refusing to charge.

And as far as I know things can only be broken once. A competent player will get all the breaks he needs in a quest. The exception being, once again, multiplayer when you cannot control the other players and how much damage they do in non-breakable areas.
You get faster breaks, true. But that is NOT a gift stagger.

You do realise the bow has RAW aside from slime as well right? exploiter = more raw damage = faster kill times.

I think those are more than enough reasons to prove whom of you 2 knows what he's talking about.

So to quote yourself:
---