Anyone up for playing "just for fun?"

#1LLink2411Posted 4/20/2013 4:33:17 PM
I have the gear I want in the game and I have no interest in seeing any real "endgame" stuff so whatever purpose-based pull this game had previously for me is gone. This leads to me focusing on playing for my own amusement if at all.

Too often online I make a room and all I get coming in are people with no mics who just want to do x, collect y, and leave. If I try suggesting something out of the norm or make them wait longer than -literally- 45 seconds for a quest they either throw a fit or leave. I'm not into playing like that anymore so most online rooms aren't giving me what I'm looking for.

That said, would anyone be willing to just play for "fun" on occasion? No worrying about gear, no worrying about farming, HR progression, or whatever meaningless stuff. Just killing whatever monsters that seem interesting at that specific moment for no other reason than "why not?" and chatting about whatever.

NNID is MisterMagician, add me if you want to play.
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#2Zephyr83Posted 4/20/2013 4:44:25 PM
since you clearly dont need gear, why not just join others groups and just help those people get gear?
#3LLink2411(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 4:47:04 PM
Zephyr83 posted...
since you clearly dont need gear, why not just join others groups and just help those people get gear?

But then at what point do I stop being so focused on gear and progression (mine or someone else's) and just enjoy the content the devs put in the game on its own merits without an agenda to justify my playtime?
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#4Blackra56Posted 4/20/2013 6:11:56 PM
Id play sometime, as long as you don't care that I aim for gear from time to time. I want to reach end game but i do enjoy just hunting at times.
Blackra56
#5SKStylezPosted 4/20/2013 6:29:07 PM
I know exactly what TC means, not enough standard HR8 rooms. I used to play in Hr51 rooms of tri a lot, because we would have all the quests and pick things at random.
If i DID want a piece of gear or a set, I wouldn't have to farm much at all because I already had a variety of items from random hunting. Yup, no desire sensor ftw!
#6bulbinkingPosted 4/20/2013 6:31:53 PM
LLink2411 posted...
Zephyr83 posted...

But then at what point do I stop being so focused on gear and progression (mine or someone else's) and just enjoy the content the devs put in the game on its own merits without an agenda to justify my playtime?

Implying Monster Hunter isn't a glorified and wonderfully addictive skinners box.
---
poker-over-killing.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-was-gamefaqs-moderator-for-5-yrs.html
NintendoID: Bulbinking (MH3U Charm Table 10 Master Race!)
#7LLink2411(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 7:26:42 PM
bulbinking posted...
LLink2411 posted...
Zephyr83 posted...

Implying Monster Hunter isn't a glorified and wonderfully addictive skinners box.

It doesn't have to be.
---
#8ProdicalxPosted 4/20/2013 7:32:12 PM
LLink2411 posted...
bulbinking posted...
LLink2411 posted...
Zephyr83 posted...

It doesn't have to be.

But if you're playing it just to have fun playing it, why not get something out of it too? I don't see the issue with hunting something people want to hunt, and having fun doing it. You're still playing the game, even if someone is doing a specific hunt for a reason.

I really do not see the issue, other then some people are being impatient (which isn't even a common issue).
#9LLink2411(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 7:53:16 PM
Prodicalx posted...
LLink2411 posted...
bulbinking posted...
LLink2411 posted...
Zephyr83 posted...

It doesn't have to be.

But if you're playing it just to have fun playing it, why not get something out of it too? I don't see the issue with hunting something people want to hunt, and having fun doing it. You're still playing the game, even if someone is doing a specific hunt for a reason.

I really do not see the issue, other then some people are being impatient (which isn't even a common issue).

Why is this such a controversial desire?
---
#10onimangakatPosted 4/20/2013 9:25:14 PM
I often like to take breaks from focusing on gear and look for "relaxed hunting" rooms, or whatever it's called now. They're not common, but I don't usually have too much trouble finding one with the room search function. And even when I do, I just make my own room and label it "casual hunt" or something and within 10 minutes it's full.

If you ever see me in game, you're welcome to join me, OP.

My NNID is LuceTheBard and my Hunter name is Chester. Look me up anytime!
---
Surrender or die in obscurity.