I don't like the way people say: Is it worth getting a WIIU only for this game?

#1necromencer3227Posted 4/22/2013 2:48:54 PM
I mean, sure, this game is amazing and it was a long duration. But in all honesty, the WIIU's catalogue will expand sometime soon, Zelda, Mario (and all its sporty variations), Metroid, Pikman, Brawl WiiU + any other potentially good game (even 3rd party games)

So, why do you people ask if you should get the wiiu 'only' for this game, are you not interested AT ALL with the other games?

I'm quite confused.
#2true_draco146Posted 4/22/2013 2:50:25 PM
I want it to expand already. Not gonna lie, I want a harvest moon. :P
---
--- GT truedraco146
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte
#3PDeltaPosted 4/22/2013 2:52:12 PM
not srs reply: would you like them to rephrase it? perhaps use a thesaurus?

srs reply: at current, they may not be interested in the library wiiu has to offer. their tastes may even be such that they wont care for most future games. it's a reasonable question. i dont think it makes much sense asking on mh3u board when obviously everybody's going to say yes.
---
PSN: PDelta
Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru?!
#4necromencer3227(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:56:35 PM
PDelta posted...
not srs reply: would you like them to rephrase it? perhaps use a thesaurus?

srs reply: at current, they may not be interested in the library wiiu has to offer. their tastes may even be such that they wont care for most future games. it's a reasonable question. i dont think it makes much sense asking on mh3u board when obviously everybody's going to say yes.

Yes, it may be possible that there is no upcoming game that they're interested in, but with the inclusion of third party games, that will reduce that demographic by a large amount, there will only be a very small percentage of people who will not like 'any' forthcoming game, in that case, well... I don't know.

I'm not interested if they actually buy the WiiU+ MH or not, I'm interested why they want to buy it exclusively for MH. Yes, naturally people are going to say YES, but I'm interested in the question, rather than the answer.
#5Syi_2010Posted 4/22/2013 2:58:44 PM
6 months and still waiting
---
GT - Syi, PS3 Syion, Wii-dont remember
#6popliyoPosted 4/22/2013 2:59:00 PM
I am legitimately NOT interested in any other game for this system. In fact, this system thus far is to me, unsurprisingly, a huge disappointment. It is, for all intents and purposes, a Monster Hunter player.
---
trolls are stupid people who have tricked themselves into thinking that merely pretending to be an idiot is different from actually being an idiot. -Detsuaxhe
#7ZauronPosted 4/22/2013 3:02:37 PM
Wii U is for Monster Hunter (and sometimes Netflix) for me as well. Sorry TC. I paid some $400+ for this one game, the way I see it.
---
www.zauron.net
www.crazyvikingstudios.com
#8UlNinPosted 4/22/2013 3:09:31 PM
I am seriously hyped up about the Gamepad and think asymmetric gaming is going to be amazing, plus I am a big fan of Nintendo's first party franchises. I think the Wii-U has serious potential to be the gaming console of the next gen, what with MS and Sony going whole hog with social gaming.

That said, I bought the Wii-U for this one game. I got the Zombi-U bundle. Zombi-U is still shrink wrapped. I've downloaded Nintendoland, but have never launched it. The only other game I have played since launch day? Tri.

Will I get other games at some later date? Undoubtedly. Does not change the basic fact, I bought a Wii-U for Monster Hunter.
---
Confession Time: I am a button masher
#9necromencer3227(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:14:23 PM
UlNin posted...
I am seriously hyped up about the Gamepad and think asymmetric gaming is going to be amazing, plus I am a big fan of Nintendo's first party franchises. I think the Wii-U has serious potential to be the gaming console of the next gen, what with MS and Sony going whole hog with social gaming.

That said, I bought the Wii-U for this one game. I got the Zombi-U bundle. Zombi-U is still shrink wrapped. I've downloaded Nintendoland, but have never launched it. The only other game I have played since launch day? Tri.

Will I get other games at some later date? Undoubtedly. Does not change the basic fact, I bought a Wii-U for Monster Hunter.

Indeed, I understand this fully. Your motivation, initially, was to buy it for this game, but you knew that in the future you would buy more games.

I bought this system too knowing that soon I was going to get monster hunter. I got the Zombi WiiU pack too, and played it once. Yes, I actually am impressed with the WIIU but there are literally no games for it at the moment, except this game and maybe the mario one?

Anyway, my point is people buying it 'exclusively' for this game, not that they were 'motivated' to buy it.
#10NidhoggrGPosted 4/22/2013 3:18:32 PM
I'm a huge fan of this game and I dont like Nintendo's first party titles,,, mario, m-kart, m-golf, m-smash, 3d-mario, 2d mario, luigi, kirby, pikmin, etc.

So, yeah... not everyone likes Nintendo games, it must be shocking for a Nintendo fan but it happens with every console.... and if they come here asking how good is the game and if it is worth it, its because the are fans of the monster hunter series and know that they can spend towsands of hours playing this game.