I don't like the way people say: Is it worth getting a WIIU only for this game?

#11necromencer3227(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:23:58 PM
NidhoggrG posted...
I'm a huge fan of this game and I dont like Nintendo's first party titles,,, mario, m-kart, m-golf, m-smash, 3d-mario, 2d mario, luigi, kirby, pikmin, etc.

So, yeah... not everyone likes Nintendo games, it must be shocking for a Nintendo fan but it happens with every console.... and if they come here asking how good is the game and if it is worth it, its because the are fans of the monster hunter series and know that they can spend towsands of hours playing this game.

1) In a previous post I said that I understand that people have different tastes, especially with Nintendo, but the WiiU now supports third party games, so now there is a bigger range of games that are not 'Nintendo'

2)I also mentioned that because of this new range of games, the type of person who will ask this question will be a lot less frequent, those who only like Monster Hunter and/or third party exclusives, which basically means that asking this question will be a bit pointless.
Why would somebody who knows that he loves monster hunter ask if he should get a wiiu exclusively for this game, if he already knows the answer and that he wont be getting any other game?

3)Again, I mentioned that I'm more interested in the question and the reason somebody may ask it, rather than what this board will say in response.

To you, I recommend that you read threads before posting, it may come in handy
#12Pang TongPosted 4/22/2013 3:31:07 PM
I had no misconceptions when I bought a Wii U for this game, and I'm happy with the purchase. The game looked interesting, I had a few online friends that were picking it up, and I had long-suffering wounds from my failed attempts at the wall I hit in the original.

The series has drawn me in, and I'm here to stay. I see the hours I'm going to spend playing, and the cost-benefit works out nicely. Hopefully the next game will be ported to the Wii U and localized.

That said, I haven't owned a Nintendo made system since the GameCube, and I did my due diligence before the purchase. I see how games are being dropped, as developers don't want to lose money developing for the Wii U; Nintendo will make or break the system with it's first party games.

The current library doesn't impress me outside of this game, but I did pick up New Super Mario Bros. U and am enjoying it. When it comes down to it, this is the only current game out that many want to play, so get used to this question.
---
PSN & NNID: Random_Name_63
#13darklordryuPosted 4/22/2013 3:34:11 PM
UlNin posted...
...I bought the Wii-U for this one game. I got the Zombi-U bundle. Zombi-U is still shrink wrapped. I've downloaded Nintendoland, but have never launched it...

Will I get other games at some later date? Undoubtedly. Does not change the basic fact, I bought a Wii-U for Monster Hunter.

---
"It could be worse. Also use periods. It helps ur sentences." - o3killu
^^^ What is, reasons I hate the Internet sometimes for $200 Alex? ^^^
#14caelitus1Posted 4/22/2013 3:44:46 PM
i'm thoroughly satisfied with the system so far, and I know it's only going to get better. then again I do have a nice gaming rig so I am not completely dependent on the wii u
#15NidhoggrGPosted 4/22/2013 3:48:20 PM
necromencer3227 posted...
NidhoggrG posted...
I'm a huge fan of this game and I dont like Nintendo's first party titles,,, mario, m-kart, m-golf, m-smash, 3d-mario, 2d mario, luigi, kirby, pikmin, etc.

So, yeah... not everyone likes Nintendo games, it must be shocking for a Nintendo fan but it happens with every console.... and if they come here asking how good is the game and if it is worth it, its because the are fans of the monster hunter series and know that they can spend towsands of hours playing this game.

1) In a previous post I said that I understand that people have different tastes, especially with Nintendo, but the WiiU now supports third party games, so now there is a bigger range of games that are not 'Nintendo'

2)I also mentioned that because of this new range of games, the type of person who will ask this question will be a lot less frequent, those who only like Monster Hunter and/or third party exclusives, which basically means that asking this question will be a bit pointless.
Why would somebody who knows that he loves monster hunter ask if he should get a wiiu exclusively for this game, if he already knows the answer and that he wont be getting any other game?

3)Again, I mentioned that I'm more interested in the question and the reason somebody may ask it, rather than what this board will say in response.

To you, I recommend that you read threads before posting, it may come in handy

3rd party exclusives? care to name them? which one of the upcomming 3rd party exclusives are system sellers? the only one I see is X. But for X its going to take a while.

""Why would somebody who knows that he loves monster hunter ask if he should get a wiiu exclusively for this game, if he already knows the answer and that he wont be getting any other game?""

How is he going to know the awnser if he doesn't have a WiiU to test the game? If someone ask, its because they want to know if the game is as good as the one he played before (MHTri, MH3P)

Its a 420+ USD investment, I think its wise to try to look for fan's opinions about this game first.

No reason to get annoyed for this.
#16NeoMonkPosted 4/22/2013 3:51:14 PM
Well it's the truth if it wasn't for this game i would have sold my WII U by now... the online experience on the wii u is a joke but this game has kept me interested.
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com
#17rkenshin13Posted 4/22/2013 3:58:11 PM
It doesn't matter if there's other games coming out if the system's going to be collecting dust months before those games come.

I had wanted to buy a Wii U for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate before Bayonetta 2 was announced, so yes, for all intents and purposes, I bought the WIi U just for monster hunter. And who knows Bayonetta 2 might not make out, Metal Gear Rising almost didn't happen.

The only nintendo series I am really interested in is Zelda, but they haven't announced a new one or at least, not any specific details. But if it's going to be like Skyward Sword, I most likely won't get it. Skyward Sword didn't interest me for two reasons:

1) you have to use the wii remote. On the Wii, though I did not get one myself, all the games I wanted to play on it you could use any of the other controller options.

2) I didn't care for the way it looked. I prefer more the looks of A Link To The Past, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

And actually I kind of lied, I just heard about Smash Bros. and depending on the roster, I might get it whenever it does come out.
---
GT:RPGamer13
PSN: RPGamer13
#18OldDirtyCRPosted 4/22/2013 4:36:12 PM
Games that might be coming out 1-3 years from now aren't exactly the best deciding factors on whether or not to buy a system TODAY. That's the point. Currently I bought Wii U for MH3U. All these great 1st party titles that I'm looking forward to are far away. Some have no solid information yet, which means most likely 2+ years (Zelda for example).

The only game that is in the near future that I'm awaiting is Pikmin 3. But that was delayed like 7 months... so I'm not holding my breath for any Wii U game thats been announced.

On a side note, depending on how Bayonetta 2 scores I'll buy that.
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#19KaiserWarriorPosted 4/22/2013 5:09:36 PM
The Wii only ever got a handful of non-shovelware titles that were worth playing and weren't ports from other/older systems or older arcade lightgun games. The system's gimmick, while interesting at first, was never really utilized in anything other than novelty gimmick games that barely qualified as such. Nintendo also effectively killed two of its holy trinity franchises with absolutely terrible games (Other M and Skyward Sword).

Nintendo die-hards bought the system at launch. Everybody else is rightfully leery of the idea that anything truly good aside from Monster Hunter will come out for the system.
#20firefoxredPosted 4/22/2013 5:21:16 PM
true_draco146 posted...
I want it to expand already. Not gonna lie, I want a harvest moon. :P

I agree with this, granted I kinda hope for the branch of - Rune Factory......just hope they do better than Tides of Destiny, good game but 0 farming was actually a disappointment D:
---
Wii U : UnknownFox
Feel free to add for Monster Hunter :D