What's a good early high rank armor set?

#1Sauro_phaganaxPosted 4/25/2013 5:45:57 AM
So I've just recently got to high rank on the online and offline quests.

Still rocking a LR Jaggi armor so I guess it's time for a bit of an upgrade.
---
Official Master Templar of the ACIII boards
We follow the truth. The Templar's Dogma. May the father of understanding guide us.
#2Neo_HeartlessPosted 4/25/2013 5:48:42 AM
This is going to sound redundant but hi rank Jaggi can work. Barroth is also good if you Lance/Gunlance.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#3ShakeNBakeUKPosted 4/25/2013 5:51:32 AM(edited)
any armor set from a high rank monster, or any armor set from a late-game low rank monster e.g. Uragaan.
---
MH3U (WiiU) NNID: ShakeNBakeUK
GS / Hammer / DS / LBG | Online: HR7 | Offline: 9*
#4aybarra92Posted 4/25/2013 5:51:08 AM
personally i used LR Jagi until i made hi rank rathlos. the only down side is you need fucium ore for it and it is best found in volcano areas 8 9 and 10. if you can get someone to post harvest tour volcano hi rank, then you can get this set which i used till g rank.
---
"Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya."
"Luck is a horse to ride like any other."
#5Sauro_phaganax(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 5:51:17 AM
Oh okay thanks. I'm a hammer user btw. Should I just upgrade my current armor or make the + set?
---
Official Master Templar of the ACIII boards
We follow the truth. The Templar's Dogma. May the father of understanding guide us.
#6VeluxierPosted 4/25/2013 5:52:10 AM
Jaggi S and Barroth S are usually the first step to take. Good armor sets for pretty much every weapon.
---
Now Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
NNID: Veluxier. MH3U Name: Reixulev. HR: 7. EU
#7AntiReligionistPosted 4/25/2013 10:20:36 AM
I used Wroggi S. Sharpness is always good for weapons that have little blue sharpness for example.
---
Never again will I bend to Xbox's will.
#8s0nicfanPosted 4/25/2013 10:24:35 AM
I personally like barroth. It's not that hard to gem into guard +2 and the attack up (m) and def up (s) is nice. Plus it's really easy to gem out the hunger, and barroth himself is stupidly easy so he's great for farming in HR while you still have LR gear
---
"History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever." - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
#9DirefatalisPosted 4/25/2013 10:25:56 AM
I used plesi because it gives you tranquilizer (better cap rewards) and either partbreaker or weakness exploit. it doesnt have a waist piece so only 4 pieces to make. By the time u start needing a def boost, you will be going after ivory lagi armor most likely... Start with the waist.
#10BurningLancePosted 4/25/2013 10:25:56 AM
Arzorus S is a good set plus you dont need to worry about those sneaky cats stealing your stuff either.
---
3DS FC: 1355-7222-3011 ...PSN: BurningLance_2 -- NNID: BurningLance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas