Why is all the DLC on disk? why not just have it all unlocked....

#41SoIldSnlvyPosted 4/28/2013 1:43:44 PM
bulbinking posted...
Rainey-kins posted...

But on disk DLC isn't DLC.

You aren't downloading any content, the content is already there.
What MOST people thought when hearing about DLC was "we are making new code to be downloaded and added into the game"
Before you go "durr you dumb entitled brat, they have it in japan already that should tell you its already made derp"
NO. Because even if content is released in another region, that doesnt mean it still isnt content separate from the disk. Even then I might have been a little irked having to wait but then it WOULD be "entitlement". Maybe they are translating the data before the west can download it? Who knows?

But it IS on the disk, it IS already translated, and you dont download ANYTHING aside from an unlock key.

I'm am not a minority opinion on this, crapcom claims they will be working to not have on disk DLC in the future after THOUSANDS of people gave them crap for doing it.

Also, I never insulted anybody, calling me a brat, and a kid is uncalled for, and I guess the majority of gamers are all bratty kids according to you. (good luck having anybody care about your opinion in that case)

It isn't 'just' a key though. The data you download is the coding for the quest in the game. The basis of the monsters and the weapons or whatever are already on the game, but Capcom can release the code for a custom quest that does anything. In addition, these are insignificant pieces of gameplay, unlike some on-disk DLC (looking at you, Mass Effect 3).
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
LoL IGN (And IGN for almost everything): Rathilal
#42bulbinkingPosted 4/28/2013 1:51:43 PM(edited)
OxygenSupply posted...
bulbinking posted...

No. Read what the other guy said. DLC quests aren't on disk. Ask MH3 hackers. All quest data, including quest parameters & rewards, were temporarily downloaded from the server. Ironically, the ONLY Event quest that was on-disk was the Jhen Mohran event. Sure the event weapons models are already included in the game, probably because idiots would complain about OMG IT TAKES ONE HOUR TO DOWNLOAD THE 37 EVENT WEAPONS I HATE DLC!!!. Instead we now have idiots saying OMG DLC IS ON DISK (I KNOW IT BECAUSE I SAY IT) I HATE CAPCOM!!!. Niiiice.

The blind fanboyism, it scares me.
It almost as bad when people were defending RE:Mercerniers save locking feature and talking about how people are pirating 3DS games.

Again, say what you will, I am in the majority opinion on this matter.

p.s. I was an active part of the UMH3 community for almost a year, and did some MH3 hacking myself. The way the tri servers worked was you accessed their database every time you went online, if it was the right day for event jhen, they would have an active "key" which would unlock your ability to see and initiate the quest.

We even freaked people out online a few times by allowing them to join our event jhen quests when event jhen wasn't officially up.

I don't have to prove myself to an ignorant person who defends seedy business practices.

Rainey-kins posted...
It isn't 'just' a key though. The data you download is the coding for the quest in the game. The basis of the monsters and the weapons or whatever are already on the game, but Capcom can release the code for a custom quest that does anything. In addition, these are insignificant pieces of gameplay, unlike some on-disk DLC (looking at you, Mass Effect 3).

No, it is a key. On unity they have confirmed this.
Do you need to me post the link myself?
---
poker-over-killing.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-was-gamefaqs-moderator-for-5-yrs.html
NintendoID: Bulbinking (MH3U Charm Table 10 Master Race!)
#43GoldenFox98Posted 4/28/2013 1:52:13 PM
There have been rumors floating about there being a few players that have access to all the quests. Supposedly these are reviewer copies that already have all the "DLC" unlocked right off the bat. If these rumors turn out to be true that means all the quests have already been made and are being held back just for the sake of it. I don't really care about waiting either way, I've got a ton of games in my backlog to keep me busy until all of the game's content is release. Just felt like mentioning this for the sake of argument.
---
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido
#44Parukia256Posted 4/28/2013 1:52:27 PM
Its.

FREE.

The **** are you complaining about?
---
NANOMACHINES, SON.
#45bulbinkingPosted 4/28/2013 1:58:59 PM
GoldenFox98 posted...
There have been rumors floating about there being a few players that have access to all the quests. Supposedly these are reviewer copies that already have all the "DLC" unlocked right off the bat. If these rumors turn out to be true that means all the quests have already been made and are being held back just for the sake of it. I don't really care about waiting either way, I've got a ton of games in my backlog to keep me busy until all of the game's content is release. Just felt like mentioning this for the sake of argument.

I completely forgot about that!
Thats another reason I'm pissed, other get the event stuff and the "commoners" don't!
(also its true, not a rumor)
---
#46OxygenSupplyPosted 4/28/2013 1:59:25 PM
bulbinking posted...
p.s. I was an active part of the UMH3 community for almost a year, and did some MH3 hacking myself. The way the tri servers worked was you accessed their database every time you went online, if it was the right day for event jhen, they would have an active "key" which would unlock your ability to see and initiate the quest.

We even freaked people out online a few times by allowing them to join our event jhen quests when event jhen wasn't officially up.

I was also part of UMH3. I was the person who created the Jhen Event code, so no need to say I'm “ignorant” on this subject, it makes you look stupid.
I said Jhen was the only MH3 on-disc event in my previous message. Strangely you didn't mention the other events, maybe because I was right. If only a key was needed, then MH3 hackers could have activated any Event at any time, just like the Jhen one. But it wasn't possible because quest data was indeed DLC and not on-disk. Understand? Your brain isn't overheating too much?
#47SoIldSnlvyPosted 4/28/2013 1:59:48 PM
bulbinking posted...
OxygenSupply posted...
bulbinking posted...

No. Read what the other guy said. DLC quests aren't on disk. Ask MH3 hackers. All quest data, including quest parameters & rewards, were temporarily downloaded from the server. Ironically, the ONLY Event quest that was on-disk was the Jhen Mohran event. Sure the event weapons models are already included in the game, probably because idiots would complain about OMG IT TAKES ONE HOUR TO DOWNLOAD THE 37 EVENT WEAPONS I HATE DLC!!!. Instead we now have idiots saying OMG DLC IS ON DISK (I KNOW IT BECAUSE I SAY IT) I HATE CAPCOM!!!. Niiiice.

The blind fanboyism, it scares me.
It almost as bad when people were defending RE:Mercerniers save locking feature and talking about how people are pirating 3DS games.

Again, say what you will, I am in the majority opinion on this matter.

I don't have to prove myself to an ignorant person who defends seedy business practices.

Rainey-kins posted...

No, it is a key. On unity they have confirmed this.
Do you need to me post the link myself?

Seedy business practice is the one save file thing with RE: Mercs, which I disagree with. But is there really something morally wrong with periodically releasing non-essential content that doesn't earn Capcom any money? And as for inconvenience, I don't want to know where people live if they can't get 1-3 minutes of internet every week in order to download minor quests on a video game.
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
LoL IGN (And IGN for almost everything): Rathilal
#48tallgeeseIVPosted 4/28/2013 2:05:11 PM
GoldenFox98 posted...

Well the game has already been released for well over a year now in Japan and they are pretty much just waiting on 4 to come out.
You can't expect them to be going out of their way to making completely new quests just for the NA/EU market.
---
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9742/fodderkg8.png
-_-'
#49bulbinkingPosted 4/28/2013 2:10:42 PM
OxygenSupply posted...
bulbinking posted...

I was also part of UMH3. I was the person who created the Jhen Event code, so no need to say I'm “ignorant” on this subject, it makes you look stupid.
I said Jhen was the only MH3 on-disc event in my previous message. Strangely you didn't mention the other events, maybe because I was right. If only a key was needed, then MH3 hackers could have activated any Event at any time, just like the Jhen one. But it wasn't possible because quest data was indeed DLC and not on-disk. Understand? Your brain isn't overheating too much?

Actually, we couldnt really know with tri.
By the time hackers were realling getting into the deep coding (not just basic charm hacks and 1hp for monsters) all of the "dlc" was already released.

even still isnt it odd that in tri you never had to actually download anything?
Again, it was most likely on disk, and when capcom decided they wanted people to access it, they activated the keys which allowed people to do the quest and get whatever they needed for the quest.

If you really did those things (making the key for event jhen) you should've known that.
---
#50VandyanPosted 4/28/2013 2:12:35 PM
tallgeeseIV posted...
Well the game has already been released for well over a year now in Japan and they are pretty much just waiting on 4 to come out.
You can't expect them to be going out of their way to making completely new quests just for the NA/EU market.

Kids these days expect what they want, and they expect it now. Its the age of entitlement.

What is reasonable or realistic does not factor in to their thinking.