I'm finished

#1stekim40Posted 4/29/2013 8:29:30 AM
Good game, really. I've not enjoyed a game this much for a long time.
But I met a monster today that has killed the game stone dead for me, I don't mind it being hard but this is beyond a joke and pure frustration.

My saved game is 36hrs in, while I had expected to put 200+ in, its more than I've put in a lot of games, so it was worth the buy.

The monster in question is a gigginox, the amount of times you have to use antidotes is insane. everytime I fought it today I used a full 10 stack of the potions within 10-15 mins.
Sometimes using it I was poisoned and had to use another right away.

This simply isn't fun and I'm done before I hurl my pad across the room and regret it.
(Which I got rather close to doing)
---
Xyzzy!
#2Newts_UtePosted 4/29/2013 8:31:31 AM
Gigginox is a joke monster. There is a massive cue to 'get the f*** away' when it tries to do the poison belly flop. Then all you need to do is never stand in front of it for the risk of a poison ball spat at you or a charge.

Learn how it moves instead of giving up.
---
Recent platinums: Assassins Creed 3 | Darksiders 2 | FFXIII-2 | Skyrim
Poke FC 1292 7071 6106
#3rgkovach123Posted 4/29/2013 8:31:41 AM
get Wroggi Armor - Negates Poison.
#4OmniblitzPosted 4/29/2013 8:31:46 AM
Try farming a poison talisman, and gem in poison gems, that way you won't need to use antidotes. This is good for people learning how to first deal with any monster encounter that applies poison, before knowing their movesets.
---
"WII stands for "Wow I'm Injured"
#5OmniblitzPosted 4/29/2013 8:32:09 AM
rgkovach123 posted...
get Wroggi Armor - Negates Poison.

Or that :)
---
"WII stands for "Wow I'm Injured"
#6wingblade98Posted 4/29/2013 8:34:31 AM
as much as i hate to say it.

stop getting hit
---
EXELLENT
hello?
#7ZenTeaPosted 4/29/2013 8:34:42 AM
you are using an entire stack of antidotes on 1 fight?

Not to be rude, but I think you need more practice playing. It really shouldn't be going down like that. Gigg isn't even that complex of a monster.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate rocks my socks!
#8RebelGameMasterPosted 4/29/2013 8:35:07 AM
Wii U PSN Gamertag: StallionHeart

Add me, I'll kill'em for ya. And you'll be wrecking him by yourself in no time. My kids SUCKED at this game when it came out. And just by watching me, they now own all monsters. *wipes tear drop from eye*

Oh, post your WII U PSN Gamertag. And if this is a troll... very good approach. 99.99% of the population won't be able to detect you.
---
tyafkaibnegttqhcihsqpnoysxtatlou735quvsxilnogptghweysfewijdviuoatfs
#9wingblade98Posted 4/29/2013 8:36:39 AM
RebelGameMaster posted...
Wii U PSN Gamertag: StallionHeart

Add me, I'll kill'em for ya. And you'll be wrecking him by yourself in no time. My kids SUCKED at this game when it came out. And just by watching me, they now own all monsters. *wipes tear drop from eye*

Oh, post your WII U PSN Gamertag. And if this is a troll... very good approach. 99.99% of the population won't be able to detect you.

mlg proe 420 noscope
---
EXELLENT
hello?
#10DarkRidley6Posted 4/29/2013 8:37:13 AM
Put simply, there are a number of ways around the problem you are having, i would say before you give up completely on this game, (since you have been enjoying it so much) take some time to explore your options in game and find the solution that would work best, several have been explained here already, i would also add that if you are getting poisoned again while you take the antidotes, it might be wise to pick your timing/location a little better, its never a bad idea to leave the zone for a moment to recover if the fight is wearing you down.
---
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.