Zinogre. . .

#1VillainousPosted 4/29/2013 5:07:00 PM
Just fought my first one, and holy crap was it fun to fight. Didn't cart once, which is nice, but it still made you keep on your toes with his speed. It's rare that I actually want to fight something just for the fun of it, but he is the exception.

So, I guess this is a Zinogre appreciation thread. . .?
---
PSN: Netherworld
WKC: Azrael
#2xpertgamer101Posted 4/29/2013 5:27:42 PM
-Just remember not to shock trap him if he's charged, otherwise he'll just eat the trap.
-Also remember that you can use a bug net on his back to get Fulgurbugs when he falls down.
---
Nintendo Network ID- Nin-Pepperkat
#3XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 4/29/2013 5:33:12 PM
I found him pretty fun too, and not stressful and horrific like a Diablos fight or something.

I will celebrate the day they decide to phase him out of the series, at least for a generation.
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#4sravankbPosted 4/29/2013 5:39:15 PM
It seems like I've had trouble with the first few fights against all of the flagship monsters.

Rathalos in MHFreedom.
Tigrex in MHF2.
Narga in Unite.
Zinogre in P3rd.
Brachy in Ultimate.

Of course, they got easier with time, but holy crap, they were all major roadblocks in the initial stages.

P.S. I excluded Lagi (Tri's flagship) cause he was the only one who gave me no trouble whatsoever. Dude just really isn't that hard. And his ivory counterpart is even easier.
---
http://i.imgur.com/wHKeHYd.jpg
#5xpertgamer101Posted 4/29/2013 5:41:03 PM
For me, the hardest time I've had in this game so far is Duramburos during the village missions prior to playing online. I just couldn't deal enough damage without cha-cha and kayamba support to take him out during that mission. Kayamba died early and sucked.

I've come so far since then....

Oh sweet memories...
---
Nintendo Network ID- Nin-Pepperkat
#6Villainous(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 5:46:52 PM
Yeah, that first Dura fight is a pain. I killed it, but it took way longer than other monsters without the Shakalaka support(and because Dura has a buttload of HP).

Honestly, I don't know how anyone has an easy time with Lagi. I hate water battles with a passion. Then again, I'm playing on 3DS, so maybe that's why I have such a hard time with them.

Or maybe I should switch to ranged against Lagi. Hammer, GS, and DS are my main weapons at the moment.
---
PSN: Netherworld
WKC: Azrael
#7GoldenFox98Posted 4/29/2013 8:53:09 PM
Villainous posted...
Yeah, that first Dura fight is a pain. I killed it, but it took way longer than other monsters without the Shakalaka support(and because Dura has a buttload of HP).

Honestly, I don't know how anyone has an easy time with Lagi. I hate water battles with a passion. Then again, I'm playing on 3DS, so maybe that's why I have such a hard time with them.

Or maybe I should switch to ranged against Lagi. Hammer, GS, and DS are my main weapons at the moment.

Use a fire lance. Specifically the event lance you can make from the materials given by the event quest where you have to kill 20 Bullfandangos naked. Honestly that thing is so stupid overpowered it can carry you well into High Rank.
---
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido
#8OldDirtyCRPosted 4/29/2013 10:01:39 PM
Villainous posted...

Well I had to capture him 20 times to get my plate for my LR ceadeus armor. Then I am now in the process of capturing the HR version for that damn sapphire for my SA upgrade. I have 103 Lagia Scale+ at this point and still no sapphire, blah.

Anyways, he's so easy now for me. The only time he even hits me is when hes enraged underwater and does repeated charges.With time you'll learn his moves. I'm using a SA without any evasion skills, which is apparently one of the clunkier weapons underwater.

The circle pad pro would be a wise investment if you are using the 3ds. It's like 20$ from Gamestop
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#9what_is_my_namePosted 4/29/2013 10:56:33 PM
Zinogre and Stygian Zinogre are quite fu to hunt for me. Not to mention their music is awesome too.
---
Playing Path of Exile, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nameless-1157/
#10xChaosLordxPosted 4/30/2013 2:07:18 AM
I got triple carted 3x in a row vs Zinogre my first time facing him on P3rd. It wasn't until I came back to fight him with high rank gear that I could beat him without getting carted at least once. I never could figure out that fight. I tried GS, Hammer, Dual sword, Long Sword, and lance on him. GS seemed like the best one of that group to use, hammer by far being the worst. Head shots aren't easy to get on Zinogre, trapping him is the only way I got head shots, which meant hammer was pretty much useless.

The problem with Zinogre, and the reason I couldn't get that fight is he is really fast and does a ton of damage. He is always in your face, always. At some point he catches me in a frame delay and ran me over, I'm sitting there stunned, and he triple pounds me against the edge/wall, and then gets another hit on wakeup. This is why I was only able to beat him consistently with high rank armor because it had higher defense, and he couldn't 3hko wakeup/stun chain me. Very few monsters in P3rd could wakeup/stun chain you 3x like Zinogre. To use items when fighting Zinogre, you pretty much have to exit the screen. I always brought 10 potions, 10 mega and 10 herbs, and in every single time I fought Zinogre I used all my Potions, Mega, and first aids, and sometimes a few herbs. 20 fights later I was no better at fighting him than I was the 2nd time I fought him.

Definitely one of the hardest fights in P3rd.