Moba three star quest "Playing With Fire" help

#1KitsuneRagPosted 4/30/2013 8:13:12 PM
This is my first Monster Hunter game and I feel as though I'm a bit undergeared for this quest. Where should I be gear-wise for this fight?

I'm currently using Ludroth Bone Mace and full Hunter armor level 3, with a Ludroth Bone Sword+ and Iron Grace stored away.

Also stupidly, I foolishly sold all of my iron weapons because I was not aware at the time that iron weapons and bone weapons are separate trees instead of upgrades. I'm in the process of getting most of those back, but it's taking time.
#2-KiloPosted 4/30/2013 8:20:48 PM
That's about where you should be gear wise. You may want to grab some G. Jaggi armor though. It has a worse fire resistance (iirc), but it has decent skills.

Since this is your first mh game, and qurupeco is your first "real" monster, don't expect it to be easy. It's not your gear that's holding you back. Learn his tells/attacks and learn how to evade/dodge them effectively.

Also make use of the dung bombs you get in the supply box. If you hit a monster with one, there's a good chance they'll leave the area.
#3KitsuneRag(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:27:22 PM
What weapon/weapon types are good against this boss?

Also what's the easiest way for getting rid of those annoying flying bugs?
#4LostSoldier20Posted 4/30/2013 8:32:34 PM
Call me biased, but Switch Axe. The axe mode might not be able to cut through their flint, but the sword mode cuts through it as it acts as if it has an extra level of sharpness, and doesn't bounce until later. Plus you can just swing the axe mode in angles that won't hit the flint.

Bnahabras are always annoying, no matter what weapon. Basically, hope normal fighting ends up killing them. But SA upswing is also good for these.
---
www.club1kjho.com
Come join 1kJho, and meet many fellow Monster Hunter players, and even get a hunting party together.
#5-KiloPosted 4/30/2013 9:05:30 PM
Yeah SA is probably best for peco, hammer isn't too shabby either, but at the end of the day, you'd probably be best off using the weapon you're most comfortable with, and plan on using for a while.

Just don't try and hit him face to face. Move around him, and go for his legs, tail, and make use of the time he spends flying.

In all honesty though, I think you should just keep at it, and learn from your mistakes. If you consult a board for your first monster, then you probably won't improve all too much, and before you know it, you'll be posting on the boards needing help with every new monster you encounter.
#6KitsuneRag(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 12:07:27 PM
Just beat that Peco. It took 40 min. I ran out of mega potions and first-aid kits, plus the paintball wore off. Had to go to the camp to heal 3 times. What took the most time was having to deal with that Great Jaggi as well. The dung bombs didn't work on it and it ran away before I could kill it. I got Qurupeco Scales from carves and a Wyvern Tear from breaking it's beak (I think).

I used the Wild Axe (SA). Next time I'll try a Greatsword or a Hammer. Thank you for your help.
#7JellitoePosted 5/1/2013 12:10:59 PM
KitsuneRag posted...
Just beat that Peco. It took 40 min. I ran out of mega potions and first-aid kits, plus the paintball wore off. Had to go to the camp to heal 3 times. What took the most time was having to deal with that Great Jaggi as well. The dung bombs didn't work on it and it ran away before I could kill it. I got Qurupeco Scales from carves and a Wyvern Tear from breaking it's beak (I think).

I used the Wild Axe (SA). Next time I'll try a Greatsword or a Hammer. Thank you for your help.

Congrats of the kill. This game is hard at first, but you will see with time there is no monster that is too hard.
---
Nintendo ID - Jellitoe