True armor spheres farming

#1jscheffer85Posted 5/1/2013 9:35:00 AM
I keep hearing of true armor sphere farming but I'm not aware of the best way to farm them.

Any thoughts. Thanks again!
#2rkenshin13Posted 5/1/2013 9:39:49 AM
Someone told me to do The Horned Wyvern quest at Port Tanzia, it's low rank and you fight Diablos. You can finish it pretty quick with G equipment and some luck, or bring traps and flash bombs to keep him still. I beat him in 7 mins with the barioth lance. I had to kill him twice.

The thing about this quest, is if you do it over and over there's apparently a good chance that Armor Stones show up in rewards. I had to kill him twice and I got 4 stones. It's definitely better than going to the Volcano to farm the armor spheres.

You need Meldspar Ore and Emperor Hopper to combine with Armor Stone for Tru spheres.
---
GT:RPGamer13
PSN: RPGamer13
#3CreoCrazePosted 5/1/2013 9:43:14 AM
First of all, you need to be G rank. If you already are, good! You can get Tru Armor Spheres. The best two ways to get them are..

1) If you're 7+ ( or your friend is 7+ ) and have volcano quests unlocked, do a few suicide runs on Rathalos in the volcano, and try to get explorer. The secret area often gives tru spheres, and even if you don't get them there, you'll still have a pretty high chance of getting them by mining in 5, 8, 9 or 10.

2) Hunt a G Rank Elder Dragon or Abyssal Lagiacrus. Regular 8+ monsters give tru spheres too, but the chances are much lower. I've also heard that the oversized Nibelsnarf is a good quest for them as well, though I've never really confirmed that for myself.
#4GQ23Posted 5/1/2013 9:49:15 AM
Don't farm them, you don't "need the extra defense". Just get them as you do quests and without thinking about it you'll have enough.
#5SlightballPosted 5/1/2013 9:51:11 AM
I mined 3 in a row on a random S. Uragaan quest. Just "don't" want them and you'll mine plenty.
---
NNID: Slightball - Golden-Eye Wii: 3123-3342-0539 - Slightball/BEEDRILL*
#6dexter1984Posted 5/1/2013 9:53:42 AM
Definitely volcano secret area suicide runs, you can't get to the secret area on harvest quest even with felyne explorer.
#7firefoxredPosted 5/1/2013 9:54:07 AM
G rank volcano farming is what I do and I usually have a few by the time im done with my couple of runs through, but I do pawpass if it affects the drops at all. Really don't see the extra defense all to worth it and that is coming from a Bowgunner.
---
Wii U : UnknownFox
Feel free to add for Monster Hunter :D
#8ShadeSeekerPosted 5/1/2013 9:56:07 AM
Massive Maw has a high rate of drop for Tru Armor Spheres.

I've been sending out hunters for hire to gather powderstones, they bring back 0-2 tru spheres every time.
---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, We shine this light of true redemption, That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.
#9CreoCrazePosted 5/1/2013 9:59:03 AM
GQ23 posted...
Don't farm them, you don't "need the extra defense". Just get them as you do quests and without thinking about it you'll have enough.

It's up to them really. I mean even if you don't want the extra defense, it'd be good to have a stockpile of spheres in reserve for later armor sets. Besides, if you're gunning, you're definitely gonna want that defense xD
#10GQ23Posted 5/1/2013 10:07:18 AM
CreoCraze posted...
GQ23 posted...

It's up to them really. I mean even if you don't want the extra defense, it'd be good to have a stockpile of spheres in reserve for later armor sets. Besides, if you're gunning, you're definitely gonna want that defense xD

No, at any point you are playing you go, wow I failed that quest because I didn't have enough tru armor spheres, you should just pack up the wii and sell it.