True armor spheres farming

#11F31LeopardPosted 5/1/2013 10:07:57 AM
I just grind for charms on Paw Pass 7* and will get Tru's here and there. Got 78 total so far.
---
PSN:AE86CorollaLevin, NN ID:AE86CorollaLevin, XBL:AE86CorollaGTS
#12Synthetic_CKPosted 5/1/2013 10:12:45 AM
GQ23 posted...
CreoCraze posted...
GQ23 posted...
Don't farm them, you don't "need the extra defense". Just get them as you do quests and without thinking about it you'll have enough.

It's up to them really. I mean even if you don't want the extra defense, it'd be good to have a stockpile of spheres in reserve for later armor sets. Besides, if you're gunning, you're definitely gonna want that defense xD

No, at any point you are playing you go, wow I failed that quest because I didn't have enough tru armor spheres, you should just pack up the wii and sell it.

No but when gunning, I've been combo'd to a sliver of health and was thankful that I upgraded when I could.
---
LOL@console fanboys. Just because it's the only console YOU own doesn't mean the others suck. Great games on all systems. Get over yourself, shut up and play.
#13StateOfMind12Posted 5/1/2013 10:13:35 AM
"No, at any point you are playing you go, wow I failed that quest because I didn't have enough tru armor spheres, you should just pack up the wii and sell it."

Go try new ivory lagi quest without tru armor sphere upgrade. LOL how cute a wannabee elitist.
#14GQ23Posted 5/1/2013 10:14:57 AM
StateOfMind12 posted...
"No, at any point you are playing you go, wow I failed that quest because I didn't have enough tru armor spheres, you should just pack up the wii and sell it."

Go try new ivory lagi quest without tru armor sphere upgrade. LOL how cute a wannabee elitist.

Lol bad player.
#15Lark_XIIPosted 5/1/2013 10:22:25 AM
It's a completionist thing fool the guy just wants his armor maxed... Completely understandable I need a couple more myself to get my boots maxed out and then I'll feel like that set is complete then I can move on to creating a new set and maxing that.
#16StateOfMind12Posted 5/1/2013 10:36:19 AM
And it helps on quest. 60-80 additional defense from tru upgrade is huge for blademaster.
#17MoxRavagerPosted 5/1/2013 10:38:00 AM
Set your Hunter for Hire settings to

G-rank
Volcano
Gathering

You will almost always get 1 or 2 spheres every other in-game day from this.
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#18Village IdiotPosted 5/1/2013 11:24:21 AM
GQ23 posted...
Don't farm them, you don't "need the extra defense". Just get them as you do quests and without thinking about it you'll have enough.

I get them for my mixed sets where I use a Gunner cap instead of a Blademaster one in order to get all my skills and hit the 600 DEF range.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#19ragnarok183Posted 5/1/2013 4:13:28 PM(edited)
It depends if you prefer doing giant nibelsnarf, or doing blos/ura and mining tours

-If you prefer doing nibelsnarf, do awesome maw for tru spheres (can get 1-3 per quest)

-If you prefer doing blos, and have meldspars, then do the online/port-low-rank-version/quest for armor stones (armorstone+meldspar=tru sphere)

-If you don't want to do port-quest-monsters, village-low-rank-ura is an alternative to get armor stones

-If you have armor stones, but no meldspars, do g-rank volcano tour (in addition to getting meldspars, you'll mine occasional tru spheres)

-While doing any of that, send hirees on gathering quests @ g-rank volcano (basically, powderstones)

*On a side note, it doesn't seem like "Great/Good Luck" increases the number of reward items when it comes to tru spheres: I've tested it, and they're always given in one's. I'm not sure if it affects the number of armor stones you get or not, though...

I switch it up between doing giant nibelsnarf, and blos+mining-tours, although I can't help but feel that, with a good party, giant nibelsnarf seems faster...
#20Pang TongPosted 5/1/2013 5:00:10 PM
Why would you not want your armor maxed?

I don't care how good you are, you're getting hit at some point. Only an idiot would not want to mitigate that damage as much as possible.
---
PSN & NNID: Random_Name_63