kelbi bow turned me off.(not trolling)

#1linklyonsPosted 5/1/2013 10:45:40 AM
When me and my friends started this game we made a guild and each chose two weapons.

Mine were HH and bow.

I started with hh and then after hearing so much about the kelbi bow I decided to never pick a bow up..

So let's clear up any misconceptions about this weapon please, seasoned bow user comments only if adding criticism.

Question:

Considering you're starting the bow after having access to all g rank skills, does the kelbi bow out perform all other bows in overall usefulness and damage output?

I don't want to feel like I'm just avoiding getting a specific weapon just to keep from being op, nothing fun about nerfing yourself.
#2NeoMonkPosted 5/1/2013 10:49:17 AM
Kelbi criples you as you get used to pew pew pew pew pew pew spam & then when you switch to a real bow you have to learn how to aim, charge, coatings... all the lame things about bows :P
It's great for farming but if you want "really l2p" then avoid it unless you're farming for armor not advancing thru in HR.
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com
#3hector85Posted 5/1/2013 10:50:53 AM
I find the kelbi bow is nice when playing in a group with other slime users, otherwise its just alright.
#4AntiReligionistPosted 5/1/2013 10:51:35 AM
It's only OP with Awaken skill, the bow itself is nice for having the use of every coating if I remember correctly. Oh and 3 slots is always nice.
---
Actually what I just said is a lie.
#5linklyons(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 10:52:41 AM
NeoMonk posted...
Kelbi criples you as you get used to pew pew pew pew pew pew spam & then when you switch to a real bow you have to learn how to aim, charge, coatings... all the lame things about bows :P
It's great for farming but if you want "really l2p" then avoid it unless you're farming for armor not advancing thru in HR.

So your saying exactly what I said I didn't want to do, avoid a weapon because it's op. Basically kelbi out performs all other bows to a point that there's no need to learn anything about the weapon..
#6StafirPosted 5/1/2013 10:58:57 AM(edited)
I've played with a single person who was good as using the Kelbi bow.

Also every person I've played with using said bow..were using it to faceroll LR and HR (which to get it good makes it into a G rank weapon..which any G rank weapon facerolls LR/HR).

With that said, looking at the bow..and having met that one good user. It's an amazing status bow if you like applying status effects, its damage is somewhat sub-par...until you awaken it.

Once awakened it becomes a very good attack bow, on top of being good for general status use. And the power seems a little overwhelming..at least in HR hunts...until I get into G rank good (well once I get time anyway..) I really want to hold off any real thought in how powerful it is.

But...most of the time I see it being actually broken..is when there is a team of people using slime.
---
Reviewer and news gaming sites are only credible if it proves the poster's point.
If it doesn't, then they're just biased trash. -- Savott on Troll logic.
#7NeoMonkPosted 5/1/2013 10:58:41 AM
linklyons posted...
So your saying exactly what I said I didn't want to do, avoid a weapon because it's op. Basically kelbi out performs all other bows to a point that there's no need to learn anything about the weapon..

I don't understand your point, do you want to be convinced to use it? or detracted from it?
It's clear that if you use it, it will be easier to do things but once you switch to a more "normal" weapon you will suffer. If you use it sparingly only for yawnfest farming like brachy pallium/gem stuff or Golden Ceadus then it's fine.
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com
#8linklyons(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 11:00:41 AM
There's another question. "Is it the best bow for applying statuses? "
#9AntiReligionistPosted 5/1/2013 11:02:50 AM
It's not really the fastest way to kill (I've heard), but it's just easy. Also it's all about whether you awaken it. If you really take the trouble to make Awaken set and the bow then you are really seeking for the OPness that the combination brings in which case I would find this whole thread rather silly. It's not about nerfing yourself anymore at that point, it's about deliberately seeking for the OP.
---
Actually what I just said is a lie.
#10NeoMonkPosted 5/1/2013 11:03:40 AM
linklyons posted...
There's another question. "Is it the best bow for applying statuses? "

I know that anytime i hear about statuses i see someone with a gigginox & kelbi since it can coat every thing & the +2 to statuses with charge on giggi armor makes it lovely.
---