kelbi bow turned me off.(not trolling)

#11linklyons(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 11:07:03 AM
NeoMonk posted...
linklyons posted...
So your saying exactly what I said I didn't want to do, avoid a weapon because it's op. Basically kelbi out performs all other bows to a point that there's no need to learn anything about the weapon..

I don't understand your point, do you want to be convinced to use it? or detracted from it?
It's clear that if you use it, it will be easier to do things but once you switch to a more "normal" weapon you will suffer. If you use it sparingly only for yawnfest farming like brachy pallium/gem stuff or Golden Ceadus then it's fine.

Well, with all the other weapon choices, there's never one best weapon that always does better than the rest. I'm trying to confirm if the rumors of that are true and all I've heard is

"Its op, use it sparingly."

My point is, if I used kelbi bow I wouldn't have the need to try other bows anyway for performance over fun.

I am choosing if I'm going to pick up a bow at all with this thread, and like I said "not going to nerf myself to have fun" there shouldn't even be a choice.
#12linklyons(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 11:12:11 AM
Double posting to reply to two people.

On the topic of seeking op, is there any other weapon type that getting awaken=op with any specific weapon?

On the response to statuses, that sounds epic, if I do choose to not awaken and go for pure status up and damage that would be great.then again choosing not to awaken is sort of like avoiding being too powerful in the first place but this sort of makes up for it if I can be powerful from skill and not just rawOP lolbiBow.
#13ShakeNBakeUKPosted 5/1/2013 11:15:54 AM
step 1) play bow

step 2) never build kelbi bow

step 3) ???

step 4) enjoy game as it was meant to be played (profit)
---
MH3U (WiiU) NNID: ShakeNBakeUK
GS / Hammer / DS / LBG | Online: HR7 | Offline: 9*
#14linklyons(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 11:18:41 AM
ShakeNBakeUK posted...
step 1) play bow

step 3) ???

Fair enough I guess. I'll try and act like it never existed.
#15LokarinPosted 5/1/2013 11:19:38 AM
I use Kelbi bow like a legit bow, since it legit has the highest raw out of all my bows.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#16bulbinkingPosted 5/1/2013 11:22:51 AM
When I solo things with my G rank gear I get as good or better times then with kelbi bow.
Its only broken in groups of people because monster get stunlocked and their increasing slime resistance doesn't matter as the slime is applied so rapidly with 4 people.

Not to mention you don't have as much time to spam your shots by yourself as the monster is coming after you more often.

After actually using this thing I believe people just overreacted to its power because of that one japanese video.

Its funny because nobody was claiming status guns in tri were OP when they did the world fastest alatreon in a couple minutes. The only difference is its a little less complicated to use and coordinate runs with the kelbi bow.

Its not OP so much as is simply easy to use.
---
poker-over-killing.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-was-gamefaqs-moderator-for-5-yrs.html
NintendoID: Bulbinking (MH3U Charm Table 10/Over 2k Hours of Experience)
#17JarickoPosted 5/1/2013 11:25:20 AM
linklyons posted...
When me and my friends started this game we made a guild and each chose two weapons.

Mine were HH and bow.

I started with hh and then after hearing so much about the kelbi bow I decided to never pick a bow up..

So let's clear up any misconceptions about this weapon please, seasoned bow user comments only if adding criticism.

Question:

Considering you're starting the bow after having access to all g rank skills, does the kelbi bow out perform all other bows in overall usefulness and damage output?

I don't want to feel like I'm just avoiding getting a specific weapon just to keep from being op, nothing fun about nerfing yourself.

The kelbi bow is powerful, and its stupidly easy to use that power although it has its draw backs and while in a group of 4 in flinches monsters constantly. Although resistance to it does build up and when it does, elemental will be the better choice.
#18linklyons(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 11:30:14 AM
In reply to the last two posts.

Fair enough, if you can match your own solo time with another bow then there's my answer, just easier to use.

Also element sounds good :)

I'll pick up a bow, bamboo bow looks nice.
#19JarickoPosted 5/1/2013 11:47:03 AM
linklyons posted...
In reply to the last two posts.

Fair enough, if you can match your own solo time with another bow then there's my answer, just easier to use.

Also element sounds good :)

I'll pick up a bow, bamboo bow looks nice.

After using the lightning bow. I really wanna use the bamboo bow. Looks like it would work wonders on the steel urugaan. Although mostly til the chin breaks and his water weakness goes down a bit.
#20NatephilPosted 5/2/2013 2:53:35 PM
ShakeNBakeUK posted...
step 1) play bow

step 3) ???

You're not doing it right. You have to leave out one of the actual steps to reach the profit.

step 1: play bow

step 2: ?

step 3: profit
---
While Dawn of War doesn't reinvent the RTS wheel, it does cover it with spikes and roll it over entire armies of screaming victims. Bring down the hammer.