when should I start playing online?

#1RentonThurstenPosted 5/5/2013 7:54:27 AM
I'm kinda new to monster hunter and don't wanna get in way over my head. As of right now...I'm in Moga village doing 2 star quests...
---
I wish I could throw a real sonic boom... (>*)> <<>>
PSN: taoshin3j gamertag: taoshin3j
#2OldDirtyCRPosted 5/5/2013 7:56:19 AM
I'd say get to 5* village quests at least. That way you will have played some of the basic bigger monsters.

I personally went to 9* village, but thats up to you
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#3ShintaunPosted 5/5/2013 7:57:43 AM
I'd advise working your way to high rank in the village first. That should give you a decent amount of experience handling each of the monsters. Though you can go online any time you want. Just try to avoid karting too much and definitely avoid doing things that trip up other players.
---
If there is evil in this world, it lurks within the hearts of man.-Edward D. Morrison
I stream games at http://www.twitch.tv/shintuan
#4TheKratosPosted 5/5/2013 7:58:38 AM
Get a good full armor set first. Mixed sets or weak sets scares ppl away.
---
PSNID: TheKratos.
Real Madrid 2011-2012 La Liga Champions
#5VeluxierPosted 5/5/2013 8:01:01 AM
I believe getting to 5* village quests is a fair checkpoint to pass before being ready for online quests.
---
Now Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
NNID: Veluxier. MH3U Name: Reixulev. HR: 7. EU
#6stekim40Posted 5/5/2013 8:53:21 AM
First try and see if you can actually play online.

I've been trying for 3 days solid, all I get is error codes
---
Xyzzy!
#7heavyacademicPosted 5/5/2013 10:11:20 AM
RentonThursten posted...
I'm kinda new to monster hunter and don't wanna get in way over my head. As of right now...I'm in Moga village doing 2 star quests...

There is nothing special about the online quests apart from the monsters being stronger. If you can find a party of HR1 companions go ahead and start questing. It is much more fun online and the quests don't take as long.
#8LokarinPosted 5/5/2013 10:12:33 AM
Since there is Low Rank Online, as soon as you can. And don't do one side first and then another, mix and match them.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#9vital_tundraPosted 5/5/2013 10:59:03 AM
Whenever you want. It's not like you start off at some higher rank online. You will start at HR1 and play with all the other HR1 players. It's actually better because you can learn off each other instead of being blind and getting use to bad habits. I went online after 1 star quests and did fine.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#10overkillwfo1978Posted 5/5/2013 11:51:30 AM
You can start pretty early, just go to the "beginner" rooms to learn the ropes. You will want to get a decent feel for your character before even doing that though. At least to the point that you are not carting during the quests.
---
trolling gamefaqs is like farming village great jaggi with g rank weapons-Vandyan