Uses for Zinorge Jaspers?

#1SeanmastersonPosted 5/7/2013 11:16:36 AM
I just finished collecting 2 jaspers for the Zinorge armor set but I have the Brachi set (same base defense) and I was wondering if I would need jaspers later on in the game?

Right now I'm using the Despot's Bolt Breaker if that matters.
---
Don't you hate when you go to wipe your butt and your fingers rip though the toilet paper? I sure do.
#2BreakWindPosted 5/7/2013 11:33:28 AM
Vangis Mail/Vest and on weapon upgrades like your Boltbreaker.
#3AntiReligionistPosted 5/7/2013 11:47:44 AM
You shouldn't really make armors just because of defense, skills are much MUCH more important. That's at least the impression I got from your post, Brachy armor isn't very good anyway.
---
Actually what I just said is a lie.
#4Krazoa2Posted 5/7/2013 11:54:29 AM
Despite common misconception, skills AND defense are both important. Attack up (L) and HGE arent going to help you when you get one-shot by every monster, and you aren't going to run around fighting every monster flawlessly. Make sure you have all the skills you want while maintaining high defense, and you won't have any problems.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#5Seanmasterson(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:24:06 PM
Wow.. Uh I don't know too much about armor so I didnt even know armors had certain skills outside resistances.

Kind of explains why certain monsters killed me in 3-4 hits >.> What's good armor for someone doing HR5 missions?
---
Don't you hate when you go to wipe your butt and your fingers rip though the toilet paper? I sure do.
#6AntiReligionistPosted 5/7/2013 12:30:17 PM
Krazoa2 posted...
Despite common misconception, skills AND defense are both important. Attack up (L) and HGE arent going to help you when you get one-shot by every monster, and you aren't going to run around fighting every monster flawlessly. Make sure you have all the skills you want while maintaining high defense, and you won't have any problems.

I didn't feel the need to mention anything about defense because simply using armors of the rank you're in is enough.
---
Actually what I just said is a lie.
#7BreakWindPosted 5/7/2013 3:28:30 PM(edited)
I dunno about Longsword but as a Lancer, I used "Barroth S" set 90% of the time on High Rank. Not only does it have a three 2-slot for decorations and high defense(400 Defense if you upgrade until it can no longer be upgraded with Hard Armor Spheres), It also has...

15 points - Attack(Atk Up M)
10 points - Defense(Def Up S)
10 points - Guard(Guard +1)

It also can be easily "gemmed" to have Atk Up L or Def Up M. Sadly, it also has -10 to Hunger so don't forget to put one "Hungerless" decoration to make it inactive. It also has - 10 to Ice resist but at High Rank, nothing that shoots ice really hurt that much even if you have -10.