Best gunlance skill!

#1DirefatalisPosted 5/8/2013 10:12:19 AM
Load up!
No blademaster set has it. Must be gemmed in but in my opinion the best skill for normal type gunlances, which are the strongest stopping power in the game. This makes the full burst 1/5 more powerful. Pretty epic skill.

So my question is: on all the other boards listing good skills to have as a gunlancer, it does not appear. Do people not that the skill works for gunlances? Or is there a downside to this skill that im unable to see.
#2firefoxredPosted 5/8/2013 10:21:47 AM
Im not the greatest GL user but I would think its not to sought after is because most users don't shotgun, its like a stab stab shoot, stab stab shoot. Reloading only takes a quick second after a sidestep or backhop.
---
Wii U : UnknownFox
Feel free to add for Monster Hunter :D
#3KaiserWarriorPosted 5/8/2013 10:22:54 AM
The downside is all the skill slots you wasted buffing one attack, which you don't have a lot of openings for on monsters you would care to do more damage to.

Artillery Novice/Expert will yield similar if not superior results, and has the added benefit of buffing ALL of your shell attacks, not just the shotgun.
#4apolloflameownsPosted 5/8/2013 10:26:03 AM
Load up seems incredibly useful on wide gunlances since going from 2 => 3 shells is a massive jump since it allows you to do an additional combo and allows for an additional shot.

I personally use a
Sharp+1
Attack up large
Load up
Stam Rec up
Artillery expert/razor sharp (depending on monster)

For my general all purpose gunlance set.
---
OFFICIAL KID ICARUS UPRISING CHAMPION/FUSION MASTER
Online Name = ******** (All Stars in Name)
#5HaruHawkPosted 5/8/2013 10:38:10 AM
apolloflameowns posted...
Load up seems incredibly useful on wide gunlances since going from 2 => 3 shells is a massive jump since it allows you to do an additional combo and allows for an additional shot.

I personally use a
Sharp+1
Attack up large
Load up
Stam Rec up

Mind posting the set?
#6KingRizardonPosted 5/8/2013 11:02:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7GunMonkey78Posted 5/8/2013 11:28:04 AM
Isn't there a headpiece that gives +10 Loading. I heard it's an arena item and called Barrage Piercer or something.
#8ZamereonPosted 5/8/2013 11:38:43 AM
GunMonkey78 posted...
Isn't there a headpiece that gives +10 Loading. I heard it's an arena item and called Barrage Piercer or something.

It's called the Barrage Piercing and yes it gives +10 Loading. From what I've heard you need to complete all arenas with every weapon with at least A rank or higher to get it.
---
My MH3U Channel: www.youtube.com/Zamereon
#9sephiroth1491Posted 5/8/2013 11:44:20 AM
This is known since MHFU, it's never brought up cuz outside of using it for the lulz, will never do a substantial damage boost compared to anything else, and i tested this severely since P3rd.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 /// DD Pawn: Kon - 126 - Sorcerer
MH3U (3DS): HR56 (all solo)
#10Stra7agosPosted 5/8/2013 11:48:16 AM
apolloflameowns posted...

I personally use a
Sharp+1
Attack up large
Load up
Stam Rec up

This set is not possible.
---
Dragon Sealer of Legend /MH3:Straga (HR 680+) Caska (HR 100+)
MH3U: Folcan (HR 83)