I just picked up the lance after playing for about 300 hours

#1amazingwillyPosted 5/10/2013 6:36:00 PM
My god this weapon type is amazing!
Im rocking out with agnaktor z armor!

this is a perfect full armor for the lance! Only have one good lance but im thinking of making more! After I get all th g rank gs
---
PS VITA=GOD
b/w fc 0905 9230 9764
#2derpnikPosted 5/10/2013 6:45:09 PM
Honestly, agnaktor z is pretty mediocre for the lance.

If you're enjoying it, the by all means, but you'll always get more out of evade lancing than blocking stuff.

Honestly I look at the agnaktor armors, but specifically Z, as gunlance armors.
#3amazingwilly(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 6:46:59 PM
what set would you recommend?
also lance in water is godly
---
PS VITA=GOD
b/w fc 0905 9230 9764
#4Village IdiotPosted 5/10/2013 7:39:36 PM
Narga Z (Gunner)
Nether
Nether
Nether
Narga Z
Edgemaster+2

Needs a weapon or charm slot

Honed Blade
Stamina Recovery
Evasion+1
Guard+1

If you can get an Edgemaster+2 charm with a slot, you can use slotless weapons with this set.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#5Pang TongPosted 5/10/2013 8:01:24 PM(edited)
derpnik posted...

If you're enjoying it, the by all means, but you'll always get more out of evade lancing than blocking stuff.

Sorry, but if you think Guard +2, and Guard Up, is mediocre then you're running a sub-par set based on an imagined MOI in which you're nearly flawless.

Show me a video of you proving it is better or be quiet.

Edit: I'm a ****, yeah, but I want to see you prove MOI is better if you're going the elitist route.
---
PSN & NNID: Random_Name_63
#6ChicagoTed_Posted 5/10/2013 8:01:58 PM
Pang Tong posted...
derpnik posted...

Sorry, but if you think Guard +2, and Guard Up, is mediocre then you're running a sub-par set based on an imagined MOI in which you're nearly flawless.

You don't need to be rude about it. I don't really agree with derpnik in this particular instance, but talking like you did makes you look foolish.

Personally, I'd run Agnaktor Z for all my lance/gunlance needs, gemmed for evasion, and use whatever moves are appropriate at the time. Then again, I don't really lance, so take that as you will.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#7Pang TongPosted 5/10/2013 8:07:03 PM
ChicagoTed_ posted...
Pang Tong posted...
derpnik posted...

You don't need to be rude about it. I don't really agree with derpnik in this particular instance, but talking like you did makes you look foolish.

Personally, I'd run Agnaktor Z for all my lance/gunlance needs, gemmed for evasion, and use whatever moves are appropriate at the time. Then again, I don't really lance, so take that as you will.

I don't care how you take what I said., and I can show you rude if you want, but I'm tired of the rampant elitism and ******** I see here on a regular basis. I have yet to see a true professional prove Evade Lancing is viable, and no, a Japanese video isn't good enough, as I will never play with him.

Uragaan Z is a much better GL set, look at the skills.
---
PSN & NNID: Random_Name_63
#8KaiserWarriorPosted 5/10/2013 8:51:30 PM
Pang Tong posted...
I don't care how you take what I said., and I can show you rude if you want, but I'm tired of the rampant elitism and ******** I see here on a regular basis. I have yet to see a true professional prove Evade Lancing is viable, and no, a Japanese video isn't good enough, as I will never play with him.

Uragaan Z is a much better GL set, look at the skills.

Evade lancing is very viable, just requires a different playstyle from guard lancing. Truth is that they're about equal, assuming the player using them is playing them appropriately. Evade lancing will let you get away with some things you can't do with guard lancing, and guard lancing will let you get away with some things you can't do with evade lancing. Neither is optimal in every situation.

For example, I would definitely evade lance on Brachy over guard lance because of how much he punishes guarding, but I would much rather guard lance Lagi than evade lance him because of how much he uses his whole body and everything around him as a giant hitbox, and how many free hits you can get by blocking his lightning fields instead of evading and staying away.
#9amazingwilly(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 8:59:08 PM
I really nice how this armor looks as well. Far better looking then the other armors I have.

If you would rate this armor set in overall usefullness for lance where would you put it?
---
PS VITA=GOD
b/w fc 0905 9230 9764
#10CanadianShadowPosted 5/10/2013 9:07:30 PM
It's as good as any of the other end game armors , if you like the way it looks roll with it for lancing you'll be able to slot in 1-2 more skills depending on charms and weapon as well.
---
~All jokes aside you should decide if it pleases or pains you~