I just picked up the lance after playing for about 300 hours

#21Pang TongPosted 5/11/2013 5:16:38 AM
IHateMrCats posted...
Pang Tong posted...
IHateMrCats posted...
Pang Tong posted...

That is a Gunlance, and a completely different discussion.

No it isn't. His point is evasion and the video shows just that. The GLance and Lance have the same backhop/sidestep animation so what works for the GLance in this case, works for the Lance. You don't try and backhop through everything with the lance either, you have the shield so it also makes sense to use it for the attacks you can't evade through.

I disagree as the Gunlance lacks the triple side-step, Guard advance, etc..., though I agree with the initial animation; that is why I pointed out he missed quite a few MOIs in said video.

Wouldn't that just reinforce the idea that it's easier for a lance to evade then? I am a lancer by the way who uses both methods. I personally having nothing bad to say about the TC's set. I think it's a great set for lancing.

So you and I are arguing about being in agreement for different reasons? :P

He missed a lot of MOIs, all I was getting at.
---
PSN & NNID: Random_Name_63
#22IHateMrCatsPosted 5/11/2013 5:33:05 AM
wingblade98 posted...
can somebody define turtle lancing to me? is using the shield AT ALL during the fight considered turtle lancing? or is it just always having the shield up? what about if you mix between evading and guarding? this question applies to gunlances. is agna u/z not good for gunlances?

Turtle lancing is when you have the shield raised at all times and move everywhere with it up.
---
MH3U: Duene. www.Youtube.com/IHateMrCats
Have a Nice Day Ladies and Gentlemen
#23Kyoshiro12345Posted 5/11/2013 5:52:32 AM
Pang Tong posted...
ChicagoTed_ posted...
Pang Tong posted...
derpnik posted...
Honestly, agnaktor z is pretty mediocre for the lance.

If you're enjoying it, the by all means, but you'll always get more out of evade lancing than blocking stuff.

Honestly I look at the agnaktor armors, but specifically Z, as gunlance armors.

Sorry, but if you think Guard +2, and Guard Up, is mediocre then you're running a sub-par set based on an imagined MOI in which you're nearly flawless.

Show me a video of you proving it is better or be quiet.

You don't need to be rude about it. I don't really agree with derpnik in this particular instance, but talking like you did makes you look foolish.

Personally, I'd run Agnaktor Z for all my lance/gunlance needs, gemmed for evasion, and use whatever moves are appropriate at the time. Then again, I don't really lance, so take that as you will.

I don't care how you take what I said., and I can show you rude if you want, but I'm tired of the rampant elitism and ******** I see here on a regular basis. I have yet to see a true professional prove Evade Lancing is viable, and no, a Japanese video isn't good enough, as I will never play with him.

Uragaan Z is a much better GL set, look at the skills.

do you have something against the japanes that you will never play with them? if you did not know this game is made in japan, and without the japanese there would be no nintendo, or capcpm, or monster hunter.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#24Pang TongPosted 5/11/2013 6:07:31 AM
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
Pang Tong posted...
ChicagoTed_ posted...
Pang Tong posted...
derpnik posted...
Honestly, agnaktor z is pretty mediocre for the lance.

If you're enjoying it, the by all means, but you'll always get more out of evade lancing than blocking stuff.

Honestly I look at the agnaktor armors, but specifically Z, as gunlance armors.

Sorry, but if you think Guard +2, and Guard Up, is mediocre then you're running a sub-par set based on an imagined MOI in which you're nearly flawless.

Show me a video of you proving it is better or be quiet.

You don't need to be rude about it. I don't really agree with derpnik in this particular instance, but talking like you did makes you look foolish.

Personally, I'd run Agnaktor Z for all my lance/gunlance needs, gemmed for evasion, and use whatever moves are appropriate at the time. Then again, I don't really lance, so take that as you will.

I don't care how you take what I said., and I can show you rude if you want, but I'm tired of the rampant elitism and ******** I see here on a regular basis. I have yet to see a true professional prove Evade Lancing is viable, and no, a Japanese video isn't good enough, as I will never play with him.

Uragaan Z is a much better GL set, look at the skills.

do you have something against the japanes that you will never play with them? if you did not know this game is made in japan, and without the japanese there would be no nintendo, or capcpm, or monster hunter.

Ignorant much? The servers aren't integrated with Japan.
---
PSN & NNID: Random_Name_63
#25flsomervPosted 5/11/2013 6:16:21 AM
I'm pretty good with Lance. I don't use guard skills or evasion skills. I have equipment sets registered using Miralis armor. I have one for:

Water Atk+2 I use with Exia Lordlance
Ice Atk+2 I use with Shiera Vitalica
Fire Atk+2 I use with The Immaelstrom
Thunder Atk+2 I use with Nether Terracontier
Dragon Atk+2 I use with Skysunderer
Bombardier I use with Albrach Demolisher
Status Atk+2 I use with Luinox the Thirsty

The other skills on the armor sets are the default Miralis ones:

AuL
Latent Power+1/+2 (sometimes I can gem for +2)
Rock Steady
Short Sprinter (sometimes I gem this out if slots allow)

If I pick the set that uses the element that the monster is weak against, I can absolutely wreck any monster in this game. If you play correctly, you don't need evasion OR guard skills.
---
"This isn't the anger of a vampire hunter,
This is the rage of all humanity!"