Can someone link me a video of someone in mh3u killing alatreon with sns(HRgear)

#1SpookygrampaPosted 5/11/2013 9:19:00 AM
I'm trying to do this since it's my weapon of choice, and i usually dominate everything i encounter but can't beat this guy. I've tried just about everything i can think of

Here's a list of what i've tried

With and Without Chaka/kayamba
Slime gear with Dios edge+ ( i think that's the name)
Barioth gear with ice attack+ equipment
I've been trying to use the cheap farcaster strat

I ran out of time last time which i guess is progress but i need to get more hits in somehow, i generally trap him in walls asap and i open with the smoke bomb trick but nothing i've tried works.

PLEASE HELP!
#2Spookygrampa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 9:22:09 AM
By the way i'm generally focusing on his left back leg most of the fight outside of when he's stuck in walls or ballista'd.
#3EwokCommandaPosted 5/11/2013 9:50:15 AM
Bomb him?
---
EwokCommanda, Enigma, Wahooka, Belisarius, Skarr, and R-110 (and similars).
#4Spookygrampa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 9:53:22 AM
How good is the bomb damage? I've done it a few times when he was stuck in a wall, but when else should i be doing it? And HR gear the sleep sword only has green sharpness and awful damage so sleep bombing him doesn't seem very legit.

Especially if i was going to run with kayamba and cha cha.
#5EwokCommandaPosted 5/11/2013 9:58:51 AM
Well, you could add sleep attack to the Shakalaka, and they DO drop bombs when you do...I would give it a go.
---
EwokCommanda, Enigma, Wahooka, Belisarius, Skarr, and R-110 (and similars).
#6Spookygrampa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:05:45 AM
I'll try, if i had them using ranged masks would the ranged attacks do sleep element to him?
#7Spookygrampa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 11:22:05 AM
I beat it, without sleep bombing it. I just "cheesed" it with slime gear, it only took me 49 minutes to "cheese" it rofl.
#8crystalsoulsPosted 5/11/2013 4:29:48 PM
Well its a bit late since you already beat it, but another tip that is great for SnS users is to use flashbombs when he's flying. It knocks him down to the ground like rathalos. Doesn't last as long against him but you can get a few free shots at his head. Also bounce bombs when he's doing his storm attack. Basically just take advantage of the fact that you can use items just that much faster than other weapons.
---
3ds: 3050-8423-0484
#9pisaiPosted 5/11/2013 4:32:17 PM
crystalsouls posted...
Well its a bit late since you already beat it, but another tip that is great for SnS users is to use flashbombs when he's flying. It knocks him down to the ground like rathalos. Doesn't last as long against him but you can get a few free shots at his head. Also bounce bombs when he's doing his storm attack. Basically just take advantage of the fact that you can use items just that much faster than other weapons.

i thought flash bombs dont work anymore?
#10lostsoul1312Posted 5/11/2013 5:06:59 PM
Flash bombs do work, but only sometimes. It's weird.
---
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/EternalSkyDragon?feature=watch
twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vagabondwolf