I'm going to miss the community/video support the PSP games had.

#1MillionGunmannnPosted 5/14/2013 4:57:06 AM
The PSP was so easy to record from that literally ANYONE could upload footage of there hunts and make there own help and tutorial video without spending any money on external equipment.

There are so many videos available in Unite that I can find a video of every weapon type being used against every monster in the game in on an advanced level. AdmiredFob, ShimmerArc, Mazereon, etc all put their work in the community and provided great video contentn Maze in general popularized the use of BowGuns with his speed run content.

Meanwhile for this 2 year old game we have.....
#2OxygenSupplyPosted 5/14/2013 5:02:56 AM
I don't get it. Isn't it extremely easy nowadays to record from video game consoles? Or maybe you are talking about the 3DS versions? Or maybe I'm stupid.

---
Ping's MH3G/U Dex: A comprehensive, convenient and accurate MH3U database for Windows/Android.
https://sites.google.com/site/pingsmh3gdex/
#3celerymPosted 5/14/2013 5:04:58 AM
Easy it is, but it costs if you want to record and watch in HD at the same time -- it costs to do it right.
#4MillionGunmannn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 5:05:26 AM
OxygenSupply posted...
I don't get it. Isn't it extremely easy nowadays to record from video game consoles? Or maybe you are talking about the 3DS versions? Or maybe I'm stupid.

Doing it for the PSP games was free. HD Capture Cards can go upwards to $200
#5celerymPosted 5/14/2013 5:06:38 AM
This is because it isn't as straightforward to process HDMI signals, compared to A/V... even component was a big pain in the ass.
#6UlNinPosted 5/14/2013 5:08:35 AM
MillionGunmannn posted...

Multiple regular weekly Live Streams? 60-odd part Let's Plays? Unclawed hands? Fun?

Just don't mind me. You have a really nice lawn, and I need somewhere to hang out.
---
Confession Time: I am a button masher
#7OxygenSupplyPosted 5/14/2013 5:14:49 AM
Well people can apparently afford a brand new game console and several games, but not a HD video capture card? The Elgato is like $160 on Amazonů I also have the impression that the whole video gaming community (not just Monster Hunter) has been uploading an increasing amount of videos on YouTube / streaming more and more on dedicated websites (twitch etc.) over the recent years so I don't really see how can price be a valid point. (I do not say I'm happy to pay to be able to record videos; I just don't agree with you about the activeness of the video game community for video sharing.)

---
Ping's MH3G/U Dex: A comprehensive, convenient and accurate MH3U database for Windows/Android.
https://sites.google.com/site/pingsmh3gdex/
#8ZamereonPosted 5/14/2013 5:17:34 AM
MillionGunmannn posted...
The PSP was so easy to record from that literally ANYONE could upload footage of there hunts and make there own help and tutorial video without spending any money on external equipment.

There are so many videos available in Unite that I can find a video of every weapon type being used against every monster in the game in on an advanced level. AdmiredFob, ShimmerArc, Mazereon, etc all put their work in the community and provided great video contentn Maze in general popularized the use of BowGuns with his speed run content.

You also need to realize that MHFU came out what.. 4 years ago? This hasn't been out for two months (unless you're talking about Japan release). People are still working on playing the game before they start posting speed runs and what not.
---
My MH3U Channel: www.youtube.com/Zamereon
#9MillionGunmannn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 5:18:41 AM
OxygenSupply posted...
Well people can apparently afford a brand new game console and several games, but not a HD video capture card?

This logic.
#10cr1tikal2Posted 5/14/2013 5:24:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]