Easing the odds on rare items

#31OxygenSupplyPosted 5/15/2013 3:01:25 PM
I think the answer has been given in the 3DS board topic, but I cba to check it right now. Those values are either from the minimum guaranteed amount of rewards you can get on each quest (it depends on some elements such as the number of big monsters in the objective etc.) or from an arbitrary average number of filled reward boxes like 4 for line 1 and 4 for line 2. So don't say these values are wrong if you don't even know how to check them yourself.

---
Ping's MH3G/U Dex: A comprehensive, convenient and accurate MH3U database for Windows/Android.
https://sites.google.com/site/pingsmh3gdex/
#32MSN 04 SazabiPosted 5/15/2013 3:03:16 PM
apolloflameowns posted...
doesn't excuse the fact that you posted half assed and often incorrect percentages.

They're correct, assuming you get 2 stacks of non-guaranteed rewards in each row.

Try the math out, and next time don't be so quick to be an ass.
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#33MSN 04 SazabiPosted 5/15/2013 3:08:36 PM
Although... it doesn't make sense that plain dangerous is 19, and cold day in hell is 23 since both have 5% chances for both rows. So they should be the same.

At the same time it really doesn't matter since the main point of this list is to say which quest has the highest chance to give out the desired item in quest rewards. Most quests only give it in the main row (or don't even give it in quest rewards), which really drops your chances.
---
#34YoukaiSlayerPosted 5/15/2013 3:16:52 PM
The percents are basically meaningless nonsense. Im going to assume they are the minimum chances or something but when trying to figure out how long it will take thats of little concern
---
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
#35MSN 04 SazabiPosted 5/15/2013 3:21:54 PM
It's really not that hard. Take the quest reward chances (which you can find in that mh3u dex) and use the complement.

1-(chance)^(# of stacks in the relevant rows)

That's it.
---
#36YoukaiSlayerPosted 5/15/2013 3:25:47 PM
The thing that messes that up is not knowing how many stacks you will actually get. Also have to take out the slots that have fixed rewards (which are listed in mh3g dex as well). Also iv yet to see full rewards list for the event quests which seem to have high drop rates for rares.
---
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
#37MSN 04 SazabiPosted 5/15/2013 4:17:22 PM
That hardly messes anything up. Again, this point of this topic is so you know which quests are worth farming. The specific percentages are not that important. You also have to keep in mind this was originally posted on the 3ds board, where most of us are soloing and don't get 5 min clears (and so picking the right quest is more important).

Fixed rewards doesn't change anything unless you're consistently getting full rows of rewards. In that case the fixed rewards would lower the chances... but in that case, it wouldn't be important anyways since you'd get your rare item fast enough.
---
#38OxygenSupplyPosted 5/15/2013 4:33:27 PM
@YoukaiSlayer Event quest rewards, especially line A (line B can be guessed in most cases because line B often follows and already-existing pattern of general items like Wyvern Claws etc. well Ping did the whole research work and you can see when he found line B rewards) are not known because the Japanese guide doesn't list DLC quests at all. And it's obviously not in the Brady guide. And the 3DS/Wii U aren't hacked. Moreover I doubt the guy who is currently doing a Dire Miralis/Alatreon will also do the search for every single Event quest rewards.

---
Ping's MH3G/U Dex: A comprehensive, convenient and accurate MH3U database for Windows/Android.
https://sites.google.com/site/pingsmh3gdex/