Youtube video of cutting tail with bow?

#1LucidicPosted 5/16/2013 6:33:40 AM
Does anyone have one? I've been searching and can't find one. The attitude on the boards is that it isn't feasible, but then there's the guide in the FAQs section that says it IS feasible so I wanted to actually see it done.
#2AgostaNeverDiesPosted 5/16/2013 6:58:43 AM
Press A a lot.
---
Proud Male Gamer
#3CanadianShadowPosted 5/16/2013 7:30:29 AM
It's not feasible , it's possible but only slightly more feasible than cutting tails with a hunting horn.
---
This topic is new and exciting , said no one ever.
#4LokarinPosted 5/16/2013 7:32:52 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Uragaan's tail is an exception, as you have to break it twice before it can be cut, and once it's been broken twice it should only take one or two boomerangs to sever it.

Also: Duramboros' tail can be severed by Kelbi Bow in a single shot.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#5PDeltaPosted 5/16/2013 7:47:34 AM
Lokarin posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Uragaan's tail is an exception, as you have to break it twice before it can be cut, and once it's been broken twice it should only take one or two boomerangs to sever it.

Also: Duramboros' tail can be severed by Kelbi Bow in a single shot.

You're wrong on both accounts so I am correcting you. You can break uragaan's tail by shooting at it enough, you can even get the necessary flinch by hooting at it but until you have some enough cut damage, it won't sever. So no, one or two boomerangs won't do it.

Duramboros's tail doesn't need any cut damage to remove so anything, including bombs and kicks, can remove it. Unless you meant something other than the literal meaning, no kelbi bow will not remove its tail from full in a single shot.
---
PSN: PDelta
Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru?!
#6Lucidic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 8:37:24 AM
I'd still really like to see it done. I'm currently bashing my head against Mark of a Hero so I'm not in the mood to change gears and test something like this out.
#7LokarinPosted 5/16/2013 8:39:48 AM(edited)
I have indeed removed Duramboros' tail in a single shot with Kelbi Bow. It was on the Triple Hunt G rank quest though, so lower health.

+By single shot I mean assuming a slime proc.

---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#8firefoxredPosted 5/16/2013 8:51:37 AM
Lokarin posted...
I have indeed removed Duramboros' tail in a single shot with Kelbi Bow. It was on the Triple Hunt G rank quest though, so lower health.

+By single shot I mean assuming a slime proc.

I want video proof of this.

As for cutting the tails with a bow, its possible if you equip the Slicing coat (used for melee, not shooting mind you). It will speed up the process a bit but overall its just you running circles 1/2 swiping it. Overall id just pass on it.
---
Wii U : UnknownFox
Feel free to add for Monster Hunter :D
#9CanadianShadowPosted 5/16/2013 8:51:43 AM
My friend has sliced off the tail a few times with his bow using the melee swing (granted I was wailing on it for the previous 5 minutes and he happened to get the last hit) , that is the only way to take it off with a bow.
---
This topic is new and exciting , said no one ever.
#10LokarinPosted 5/16/2013 8:59:03 AM(edited)
It's really easy. Start the triple hunt, make sure to have Bombadier and Felyne Pyro and the awakened Great Kelbi Deershot and use a Level 2 charge on the tail until a slime proc occurs. The tail just comes right off.

If I had any recording tech I'd definitely do it as it seems like something interesting.

+Actually, my TV supports TS recording... I'll see if it records console gameplay.

---
"Salt cures Everything!"