Youtube video of cutting tail with bow?

#11PDeltaPosted 5/16/2013 10:04:19 AM
Lokarin posted...
use a Level 2 charge on the tail until a slime proc occurs.

That's more than 1 shot
---
PSN: PDelta
Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru?!
#12LokarinPosted 5/16/2013 10:04:57 AM
Well, if you got the proc on the first shot then it'd be one shot.

>.>
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#13GuggerbunkPosted 5/16/2013 10:57:58 AM(edited)
I've solo melee'd tails with a bow several times and my best tip is pack a high raw bow, C. Range coatings for melee, bring boomerangs for taller monsters, and seek a psychiatrist for why you want to give yourself a coronary doing really irritating things. Seriously, having to melee a tail off with a bow is painful slow. I would rather use a LBG to sever tails with Slicing S because it is faster and easier. Part Breaker makes tail severs 30% faster, FYI.

You said you're doing Mark of the Hero? Just kill the monsters. Screw tail carves as G-Rank has far better rates on uncommon parts.
#14FeridDondarrionPosted 5/16/2013 11:45:21 PM
firefoxred posted...
Lokarin posted...
I have indeed removed Duramboros' tail in a single shot with Kelbi Bow. It was on the Triple Hunt G rank quest though, so lower health.

+By single shot I mean assuming a slime proc.

I want video proof of this.

I have seen this done as well, while hunting with a random group. We started the quest, I was 1 area from Boros, a Kelbi bow user as well. He arrived a couple of seconds before me, but it wasn't much, so he didn't attack before I entered the area. Boros saw me, charged at me, he shot the tail and it immediately came off.

Can't back it up with a video but really, there would be no reason to make this up.
#15RyuniPosted 5/17/2013 2:52:25 AM
Guggerbunk posted...
I've solo melee'd tails with a bow several times and my best tip is pack a high raw bow, C. Range coatings for melee, bring boomerangs for taller monsters, and seek a psychiatrist for why you want to give yourself a coronary doing really irritating things. Seriously, having to melee a tail off with a bow is painful slow. I would rather use a LBG to sever tails with Slicing S because it is faster and easier. Part Breaker makes tail severs 30% faster, FYI.

You said you're doing Mark of the Hero? Just kill the monsters. Screw tail carves as G-Rank has far better rates on uncommon parts.

Doesn't matter if you cut the tails in Mark of the Hero, you will only get one extra mega potion.
---
MH3U and more at www.youtube.com/naeryu
#16Newts_UtePosted 5/17/2013 5:33:20 AM
It's really easy. Start the triple hunt, make sure to have Bombadier and Felyne Pyro and the awakened Great Kelbi Deershot and use a Level 2 charge on the tail until a slime proc occurs. The tail just comes right off.

Wow in that case I can cut tails with a single SnS swing too. Just keep hitting it and eventually a single hit will lop it clean off.

Sarcasm aside, I still don't believe a single slime proc can remove Durams tail. Doesn't it need to break before it can be removed? The initial proc will only break it.
---
Recent platinums: Assassins Creed 3 | Darksiders 2 | FFXIII-2 | Skyrim
Poke FC 1292 7071 6106
#17Lucidic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 7:03:29 AM
This is the first time ever that I made a topic and the next day it was still first page. Unfortunately it's WAY off topic from the original request... but when in Rome...

Maybe it was a low rank Duramboros and the initial PHYSICAL RAW hit was enough damage to trigger the initial break, then the follow up slime explosion was enough for the second break/sever?
#18LokarinPosted 5/17/2013 10:19:52 AM
I said it was the G Rank Triple Duramboros quest, the one in Misty Peaks.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#19lostsoul1312Posted 5/17/2013 10:30:22 AM(edited)
Yeah I've done it multiple times. A single slime proc from a level 2 charge with the kelbi bow, bombardier, and pyro does enough slime between the 5 separate applications from the shot to trigger the slime explosion twice if done before the monster has built ANY slime resistance, combined with part breaker the first explosion will break it, the second will break it off. So if you're the first person to trigger slime, and it's a level 2 shot and all hits connect on his tail ball then you'll get the double break.

EDIT: I have some recording software, I'll make a real quick video demonstrating this.
---
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/EternalSkyDragon?feature=watch
twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vagabondwolf
#20NeoMonkPosted 5/17/2013 10:32:38 AM
Lokarin posted...
I have indeed removed Duramboros' tail in a single shot with Kelbi Bow. It was on the Triple Hunt G rank quest though, so lower health.

+By single shot I mean assuming a slime proc.

I was in a group yesterday & 2 kelbi bows went to town on a tail, they cut it off...
Dunno what kinda black magic that was but i saw it & carved it!

Also for those wondering bows CAN BREAK a tail (on mobs that have 2 stages, break & cut) they can do the first one but not cut it...
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com