Rust weapons

#1Michele68Posted 5/22/2013 4:49:56 AM
The other day i did my first Volcano mining run and got 3 Rustshards 1 was a Hunter Bow and the other 2 rust weapons a Sword and Hammer. So what should i do? I'm thinking of upgrading them. Not the Hunter Bow i sold that i already have 2 of them.
---
Nintendo Network ID:Zack1997
Currently playing: MH3U
#2The_EmperessPosted 5/22/2013 4:54:52 AM
IMO, they're not worth upgrading. By the time you do, you're likely to be near the end of High Rank (if you go online) and you'll soon start getting weapons that greatly outclass the Rust versions. I started to make the Rusted SnS, then hit G-Rank and had trouble getting ElderDragonBlood again (got some off my village Ceadeus, took forever to find more again for my Zinogre Z because I wasted it on a crappy weapon). You're better off saving your materials (Earth Crystals included) for the Ancientshard weapons.
#3IHateMrCatsPosted 5/22/2013 4:55:43 AM
Wait for the Ancient Shards in G Rank unless you really need a dragon weapon early on.
---
MH3U: Duene. www.Youtube.com/IHateMrCats
Have a Nice Day Ladies and Gentlemen
#4Michele68(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 5:12:54 AM
Okay I'm going to save my mats. In port I'm almost at HR4. On the urgent quest where you have to fight Brachy and i have very bad internet so it looks like i may have to solo it any tips?
---
Nintendo Network ID:Zack1997
Currently playing: MH3U
#5distr0iaPosted 5/22/2013 12:50:51 PM
You're doing the right thing
#6ShadowMaster684Posted 5/22/2013 1:02:43 PM
Okay I'm going to save my mats. In port I'm almost at HR4. On the urgent quest where you have to fight Brachy and i have very bad internet so it looks like i may have to solo it any tips?

Yeah, don't ever get comfortable around him. Always expect to be able to be hit at any time. You are afforded very few openings to deal damage, and more than a couple hits at a time will probably end up getting you retribution.
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
NNID: Vanguard_VII