Miralis is a lame last boss.

#1huki4101Posted 6/4/2013 7:14:30 PM
They should've stuck him at the end of the village quests instead of Ivory Lagi, and come up with something better for the last boss, tbh. Mira is literally just a cool-looking punching bag who has a stupidly hard time hitting you.

Tri's last boss, Ala was a fair bit better as far as last bosses go. I mean, Ala singlehandedly mainstream'd sleep bombing cause randoms couldn't deal. Disclaimer: yep, sleepbombing was around since before, but people only ever used it to break Grav's chest, not to outright cheese the fight. Ala was legendary enough in Tri that people dreaded the HR50 -> 51 jump. Ala has since been nerfed to oblivion, but the fact remains, he was a stellar last boss.

P3rd's last boss, Amatsu was actually decently challenging at first, unlike the rest of the game. He had some of the nastiest hitboxes in 3rd gen and hit pretty hard for lolPturd. I've seen that triple water beam cart nubs like no other attack.

Hell, even Aka and Uka were decently challenging, what with Aka's unaviodable charge, and Ukanlos' lulzy digging. Back in MHF2, one of the recommended ways to deal with Aka was gunlance turtling. That's how bad he scared people.

Then we've got Miralis. No fanfare, no legends, no fear, no carts, just a minor nuisance between you and HR9+. Walk in, punch the **** out of him, walk out 9 carves heavier without breaking a sweat. Lame. Imagine my dismay when snap & drag doesn't even one-shot people.

tl;dr = Miralis is teh weaksauce
---
I'm like, six damn strings never sounded so appealing.
MHTri - Felix , MH3U - Kule
#2apolloflameownsPosted 6/4/2013 7:18:34 PM
Amatsu was epic, the theme, the backround and just the WOW OMGWTF FLYING LAGIACRUS!!! factor makes it one of my personal fav fights. And the fata series (which miralis is based off of) at least made you feel true fear, the fear of your randumb companions getting one shotted all because their weapons bounced off its armor. Miralis just pales in comparison.
---
OFFICIAL KID ICARUS UPRISING CHAMPION/FUSION MASTER
Online Name = ******** (All Stars in Name)
#3GojeranPosted 6/4/2013 7:29:08 PM
I agree. Wasn't impressed with Miralis. The fight is only slightly more engaging then the Ceadues fight imo. I also think he looks stupid.
---
If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
#4Kyoshiro12345Posted 6/4/2013 7:53:28 PM
huki4101 posted...
They should've stuck him at the end of the village quests instead of Ivory Lagi, and come up with something better for the last boss, tbh. Mira is literally just a cool-looking punching bag who has a stupidly hard time hitting you.

Tri's last boss, Ala was a fair bit better as far as last bosses go. I mean, Ala singlehandedly mainstream'd sleep bombing cause randoms couldn't deal. Disclaimer: yep, sleepbombing was around since before, but people only ever used it to break Grav's chest, not to outright cheese the fight. Ala was legendary enough in Tri that people dreaded the HR50 -> 51 jump. Ala has since been nerfed to oblivion, but the fact remains, he was a stellar last boss.

P3rd's last boss, Amatsu was actually decently challenging at first, unlike the rest of the game. He had some of the nastiest hitboxes in 3rd gen and hit pretty hard for lolPturd. I've seen that triple water beam cart nubs like no other attack.

Hell, even Aka and Uka were decently challenging, what with Aka's unaviodable charge, and Ukanlos' lulzy digging. Back in MHF2, one of the recommended ways to deal with Aka was gunlance turtling. That's how bad he scared people.

Then we've got Miralis. No fanfare, no legends, no fear, no carts, just a minor nuisance between you and HR9+. Walk in, punch the **** out of him, walk out 9 carves heavier without breaking a sweat. Lame. Imagine my dismay when snap & drag doesn't even one-shot people.

tl;dr = Miralis is teh weaksauce

have you even played single player? because after you beat ivory lagi, you have to fight 2 more fights before last boss, and guess what? the final boss for solo missions is Alatreon, enjoy.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#5huki4101(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 8:16:20 PM
Kyoshiro12345 posted...

have you even played single player? because after you beat ivory lagi, you have to fight 2 more fights before last boss, and guess what? the final boss for solo missions is Alatreon, enjoy.

Yeah, Village Ala was a joke even in High Rank gear. Tri's Ala was a better fight.
---
#6GuardianShadow0Posted 6/4/2013 8:49:38 PM
I'm pretty sure you can dodge Aka's charge without FBs or anything. Miralis just hits hard and has strange hitboxes at times. Those meteors are just infuriating if you have bad luck like me.

Example:
Meteor hits me out of nowhere, I get back up and swim an inch closer until another meteor hits me and stuns me, Miralis charges and I die. I almost rage quit after that.
---
Killer of Topics
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc
#7WolfJouninPosted 6/4/2013 8:51:57 PM
Tri Ala wasn't really designed to be single player, but it could be done, easily with very specific sets at that. Keep in mind, this game's TRUE endgame bosses are the DLC ones, such as the Uber Ivory Lagi, and eventually things like G-Rank Alatreon.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#8sephiroth1491Posted 6/4/2013 9:06:29 PM
Well you played the first games before, there's no way miralis would do anything to you, like amatsu, ala and him weren't worth a damn after the trouble i had with uka/aka which where my first end-game bosses, and they aren't even THAT hard, was just cuz i was a newbie back then.

That being said, IMO amatsu is the easiest one of them all, if it wasn't for his wtfsmall head and his hax hitbox "underwater" flying charge the monster would be a breeze.

Miralis won't ohko you most of the time, but it can combo you quite easily, especially when it changes to leviathan mode.

In the end everything in 3rd gen MH is easy and going a bit off topic,it's those hax even mosnters, that are way harder than normal that so far this game been the only one to comply, since even pturd buffed event monsters were a joke.

We'll have to wait for the hax event stygian and brachy.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 /// DD Pawn: Kon - 136 - Sorcerer
MH3U (3DS): HR80 (all solo)
#9huki4101(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 9:29:29 PM
sephiroth1491 posted...
Well you played the first games before, there's no way miralis would do anything to you, like amatsu, ala and him weren't worth a damn after the trouble i had with uka/aka which where my first end-game bosses, and they aren't even THAT hard, was just cuz i was a newbie back then.

That being said, IMO amatsu is the easiest one of them all, if it wasn't for his wtfsmall head and his hax hitbox "underwater" flying charge the monster would be a breeze.

Miralis won't ohko you most of the time, but it can combo you quite easily, especially when it changes to leviathan mode.

In the end everything in 3rd gen MH is easy and going a bit off topic,it's those hax even mosnters, that are way harder than normal that so far this game been the only one to comply, since even pturd buffed event monsters were a joke.

We'll have to wait for the hax event stygian and brachy.

Aye, I'm looking forward to the souped-up event quests. And you're right on experience playing a factor in why Miralis is so easy. He's functionally pretty similar to Fata, and knowledge of that fight transfers over pretty well. Miralis' meteors have nothing on the one-shot wonders of Crimson Fata's meteors or White Fata's lightning.

And I had a lot of trouble with Aka/Uka when I first fought them too. Man, those were the days.
---
#10_denizen_Posted 6/4/2013 9:46:19 PM
Miralis is a hybrid of Lao Shan and Fatalis (though not as cheap with the OHKO) IMO which were my favorite monster in MHFU.