Dear Slime Haters, what is extactly your beef?

#1VelonesePosted 6/13/2013 10:37:09 PM
The dev's brought new and lovely element into the game for a reason, why you mad yo? It's great for soloing and makes online hunts a lot quicker. So, what is the deal? Just trying understand.
---
HR9 "Lord of Destruction" MHP2 G solo & HR9 MHFU
I am the obnoxious thorn in your side that can't be removed.
#2Mean_BeaniePosted 6/13/2013 10:41:27 PM
Nobody is allowed to have fun.
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img197/2627/umold.png
#3sephiroth1491Posted 6/13/2013 10:44:58 PM
Obviously they can't stand people having fun and being quick on finishing quests without having to change weapons all the time.

Bet they used slime equally or even more than the people that don't care, they just have to find an "enemy" to whine about and and engorge an nonexistent ego for using weapons that aren't slime, bet they use poison (lol) just to not use slime which is pretty much the same.

It's not like slime isn't useful, even more than Devil slicer or guan dao in the past games. And unlike those, the slime weapons are in all classes and good enough in correct hands.

Kelbi bow is somewhat different due to the severe imbalance between the rest of the bows and even among slime weapons, leading to people finishing quests too easy with them and the lolvets raging cuz fights end too quickly, i don't really blame them in some cases, but nothing bigger than put it on comment you don't want it in your room and that's it. >_>
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 /// DD Pawn: Kon - 136 - Sorcerer
MH3U (3DS): HR92 (all solo)
#4DarkMarc009Posted 6/13/2013 10:44:58 PM
Slime isn't fun. Most new players that make brachydios weapons use it for 90% of the game, then quit because they think they think nothing else is better.
#5Velonese(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 10:47:04 PM
Mean_Beanie posted...
Nobody is allowed to have fun.

agree
---
#6Velonese(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 10:48:27 PM
sephiroth1491 posted...
Obviously they can't stand people having fun and being quick on finishing quests without having to change weapons all the time.

Bet they used slime equally or even more than the people that don't care, they just have to find an "enemy" to whine about and and engorge an nonexistent ego for using weapons that aren't slime, bet they use poison (lol) just to not use slime which is pretty much the same.

It's not like slime isn't useful, even more than Devil slicer or guan dao in the past games. And unlike those, the slime weapons are in all classes and good enough in correct hands.

Kelbi bow is somewhat different due to the severe imbalance between the rest of the bows and even among slime weapons, leading to people finishing quests too easy with them and the lolvets raging cuz fights end too quickly, i don't really blame them in some cases, but nothing bigger than put it on comment you don't want it in your room and that's it. >_>

totally agree!
---
#7Velonese(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 10:52:49 PM
DarkMarc009 posted...
Slime isn't fun. Most new players that make brachydios weapons use it for 90% of the game, then quit because they think they think nothing else is better.

I'll agree too most of it. I have been playing MH since ps2 and the psp games. I cannot think of a more universal weapon/s then slime weapons.
---
#8The_tall_midgetPosted 6/13/2013 11:20:30 PM
I don't care about your fun. It wasn't ever part of the equation.

The problem is that slime has little to no draw back. It's perfect for noobs.

1. Slime weapons have good sharpness.
2. They have little to no weakness (usable on nearly anything).
3. Slime weapons have good atk ratings.
4. If it wasn't enough, the explosion can be increased drastically by bombardier. A skill which is EASY to gem on any set.

In other words, the weapons and the effect are poorly balanced. And any monster hunter who isn't a complete noob, gives a damn about using something balanced or at least non cheesy.
---
When complaining about fail players from fail teams in your games, remember : you were part of it.
#9sephiroth1491Posted 6/13/2013 11:26:26 PM
The_tall_midget posted...

4. If it wasn't enough, the explosion can be increased drastically by bombardier. A skill which is EASY to gem on any set.

In other words, the weapons and the effect are poorly balanced. And any monster hunter who isn't a complete noob, gives a damn about using something balanced or at least non cheesy.

^Exact display of the ego i was talking about lol.

Tho i agree slime is overpowered for 90% of the game.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 /// DD Pawn: Kon - 136 - Sorcerer
MH3U (3DS): HR92 (all solo)
#10Velonese(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 11:29:20 PM
The_tall_midget posted...

I don't see the problem, but I see what you're saying.
---