Is there any way to get these skills without Artian?

#1ShadowMaster684Posted 6/17/2013 6:37:00 PM
I just do not want to be bothered to do the freakin' fishing anymore. I'm looking to try to get the following skills on a set:

Sharpness +1
Awaken
Element Attack Up

I have the following crappy charms:
Handicraft +5
FreeElement +3

No matter what, the set seems like it HAS to include Artian Greaves X, which are of course the worst part. I'm hoping to just somehow throw some armor together and gem in EaU, because I'd like to be able to optionally gem in Status Attack +2 instead (mostly for Dirty Graf).

I mean, is this possible at all, or should I just suck it up and keep sending my ships out anyway?
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
NNID: Vanguard_VII
#2prezzz007Posted 6/17/2013 7:24:06 PM
I just made Artian X set blade and gunner.... just do fishing maybe if lucky in 2-3 days u can have set
---
PSN: Imajinn
#3PhoenixWroggiPosted 6/17/2013 7:39:35 PM
Generally speaking even if you can, you'd never want to make a set that has both awaken and sharpness+1 without Artian Greaves, unless you have the master charm. It's just an overall amazing piece of leg equipment that any armor mixer should have.
---
"Lupus! Is it lupus?" -George Costanza
"It's never lupus." -Dr. Gregory House
#4ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:40:54 PM
Yeah, just the process of getting those fragments is a royal pain, and I've had absolutely no luck so far. I can't imagine getting three of them. Can't even seem to get one.
---
#5PhoenixWroggiPosted 6/17/2013 7:42:23 PM
Also, according to Athena's Charm Table, the charm you claim you have doesn't actually exist.
---
#6PhoenixWroggiPosted 6/17/2013 7:43:21 PM
Yeah, just the process of getting those fragments is a royal pain, and I've had absolutely no luck so far. I can't imagine getting three of them. Can't even seem to get one.

It can be done in a relatively short time if you abuse the Kelbi Horn delivery quest.
---
#7ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:43:23 PM
Said "charms."

Those are separate from each other. Hence why they're crappy. The Handicraft one comes with Evasion +4, though, so I guess it's not completely terrible.
---
#8ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:44:18 PM
PhoenixWroggi posted...

It can be done in a relatively short time if you abuse the Kelbi Horn delivery quest.

Well, that's true, but that whole "relative" bit is the more important part.
---
#9PhoenixWroggiPosted 6/17/2013 7:45:24 PM
I'm sure it can be done in 2 hours, and that's if you're unlucky.
---
#10ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:47:08 PM
I've actually spent more time than that already. Just cycling through to get Pirate's Tomb and then cycling through days. Has not accomplished anything.
---