Is there any way to get these skills without Artian?

#11PhoenixWroggiPosted 6/17/2013 6:48:51 PM
Are using Treasure Seeker tackles and saving before sending them off?
---
"Lupus! Is it lupus?" -George Costanza
"It's never lupus." -Dr. Gregory House
#12ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 6:51:07 PM
PhoenixWroggi posted...
Are using Treasure Seeker tackles and saving before sending them off?

No and yes. I'm using the paddle that reduces the trip time by 2 days, so that I can cycle through more times. Haven't bothered getting the treasure trackers. Don't really want to get the rare commodities.
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
NNID: Vanguard_VII
#13johnydrexelPosted 6/17/2013 6:52:53 PM
... The Kelbi horn quest way is really not that time consuming, considering how long it could take. I started out with that, but got bored, so I just started mixing up the quests, making some weapons and doing charm runs in between. Also, abuse your power/perfect paddle for anything beneath the 4* treasure place. For that, use treasure tracker. I am currently the proud owner of both artian sets through this, though I feel like I could have done without the gunner armor.
---
I just type crap that sounds legit.
#14PhoenixWroggiPosted 6/17/2013 6:53:48 PM
But the Treasure Tracker tackle also opens more slots when the boat comes back and thereby makes it more likely that you get a Long Fragment. The time it takes the boat to come back doesn't matter if you're resetting whenever you fail to get one.
---
#15ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 6:58:18 PM
Well right, but it's 4 cycles between resets rather than 6. I dunno. I guess I'll just keep at it until I get one, then go for a couple treasure trackers for the other two fragments.
---
#16Newts_UtePosted 6/17/2013 10:37:49 PM
Two hours is an exaggeration. It took me about 7-8, using treasure trackers.

I checked all 3 boats, if none were 4*, I'd check Junior for commodity monsters. If there was a 5*+ monster in the woods I'd go fight that, if there wasn't I'd do a kelbi horn quest. With the 3 day forcast you get in to a routine of ebery 3rd day to check with junior to see what was out there, and if you did have a boat out gathering you knew when it would be back, due to when you last checked Junior.

I'll admit it was a pain in the bum, I had ignored the boats the entire game so I was starting from scratch, but breaking it up with commodity hunting, it didn't seem so bad.
---
Recent platinums: Assassins Creed 3 | Darksiders 2 | FFXIII-2 | Skyrim
Poke FC 1292 7071 6106
#17_BoronPosted 6/17/2013 10:49:31 PM
Wow, I'd love a handicraft +5 evasion +4 charm. Anyways, back to the topic.

Since you need the boots, you have to get long fragments, which only come from the pirate tomb. Get yourself two kelbi horns. Now, go enter the 1* village quest prescription pickup. Deliver the kelbi horns immediately and finish the quest. Now, in the rewards, there will ALWAYS be 2 kelbi horns. Take them into your pouch; sell the rest of the items (or send them to your item box if you're a jew like me). Now, check to see if any boats can go to pirate's tomb. If they can, send them. If not, just repeat. Took me like an hour to get all the long fragments I needed. I didn't even use treasure trackers.

Also, I think this goes without saying, but make sure all your boats are maxed out.
#18PhoenixWroggiPosted 6/17/2013 10:56:27 PM
Wow, I'd love a handicraft +5 evasion +4 charm. Anyways, back to the topic.

Since you need the boots, you have to get long fragments, which only come from the pirate tomb. Get yourself two kelbi horns. Now, go enter the 1* village quest prescription pickup. Deliver the kelbi horns immediately and finish the quest. Now, in the rewards, there will ALWAYS be 2 kelbi horns. Take them into your pouch; sell the rest of the items (or send them to your item box if you're a jew like me). Now, check to see if any boats can go to pirate's tomb. If they can, send them. If not, just repeat. Took me like an hour to get all the long fragments I needed. I didn't even use treasure trackers.

Also, I think this goes without saying, but make sure all your boats are maxed out.

And the Captain Oblivious Award goes to...
---
#19ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 6:08:47 PM
Finally got a fragment from the Pirate's Tomb!

*Slender Fragment*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
---