Monster Hunter Melee Weapon Damage Calculator

#21VarubatoozePosted 6/22/2013 12:19:36 PM
i made a damage calculator for myself just for fun a month ago, i can upload it if you want, but the damage isnt correct yet because i set every monster resistance and defense to 50 but you get the idea
#22_Boron(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 12:20:09 PM
Gustotron posted...
This is real neat and all but unfortunately is also completely moot considering we do not, and likely never will, have attack values.

I don't understand. What attack values do we not have?
#23VarubatoozePosted 6/22/2013 12:21:42 PM
Varubatooze posted...
i made a damage calculator for myself just for fun a month ago, i can upload it if you want, but the damage isnt correct yet because i set every monster resistance and defense to 50 but you get the idea

heres the one i made some time ago, im just a noob tho in computer sciences
http://www.file-upload.net/download-7746021/MH3U_Weapon_Damage.jar.html
#24_Boron(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 12:23:11 PM
Varubatooze posted...
Varubatooze posted...

heres the one i made some time ago, im just a noob tho in computer sciences
http://www.file-upload.net/download-7746021/MH3U_Weapon_Damage.jar.html

Wow, that gui looks a ton better than mine.
#25GustotronPosted 6/22/2013 12:28:14 PM
Every attack of every weapon does a different amount of damage. This information can only be calculated using HP display mods or taken directly from Capcom (which is the source of any and all quantitative data we currently have).

Unless this information was indeed delivered by the MH dev team at Capcom there is no way of knowing how much damage you are actually dealing per hit; making any sort of damage calculator completely moot.
#26VarubatoozePosted 6/22/2013 12:30:17 PM
Gustotron posted...
Every attack of every weapon does a different amount of damage. This information can only be calculated using HP display mods or taken directly from Capcom (which is the source of any and all quantitative data we currently have).

Unless this information was indeed delivered by the MH dev team at Capcom there is no way of knowing how much damage you are actually dealing per hit; making any sort of damage calculator completely moot.

i made my calculations based on everything i could find on the internet, averaging out every damage value together into one average swing damage multiplier
#27_Boron(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 12:30:45 PM
Gustotron posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/991479-monster-hunter-portable-3rd/faqs/61837
#28VarubatoozePosted 6/22/2013 12:32:10 PM
just to see if a longsword with 900 damage no element and 0 affinity would be better or worse than a longsword with 700 damage 200 dragon and 10% affinity against deviljho for example
i also averaged out every hitzone from every enemy into one average resistance not depending on where you hit
#29GustotronPosted 6/22/2013 12:37:21 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/991479-monster-hunter-portable-3rd/faqs/61837

Check the changes made from mhfu -> mh3 -> mhp3 -> mh3u within the damage values then try to console yourself about the accuracy of any quantitative damage calculations you have made about this game using a prior iteration as a source.
#30_Boron(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 12:43:50 PM
For the purpose of comparing different weapons, it is consistent enough.