playing with fire quest.

#11337RoosterPosted 6/27/2013 12:13:59 AM
Me and my friend just started playing and tried to do this quest. We found the boss pretty hard, and felt like we did very little damage to it.

Are we expected to have done more of the moga village single player quests? To get a bit better gear before attempting this? Is this not a good quest for us to start with? I thought this was the first one to do after the paw pass delivery quests.
---
Thank you for playing. Yes. I am number one!
#2inf3rn0_munkeePosted 6/27/2013 4:21:53 AM
What armor and weapons are you using? This is a pretty easy quest UNLESS you're using starter weapons and armor.

Personally I made it to the last 2 village quests (haven't beat them yet) before I started online.
---
So I don't have to say this constantly I'm from South Africa, I wait a month or 2 after Europe to get new releases
#31337Rooster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 9:29:34 AM
100% starter gear. Is there a big boost in effectiveness on the first item upgrades?
---
Thank you for playing. Yes. I am number one!
#4Xyr3XPosted 6/27/2013 9:38:32 AM
1337Rooster posted...
100% starter gear. Is there a big boost in effectiveness on the first item upgrades?

Short answer: Yes

Depending on weapon choices, your first upgrade is not only an attack icrease, but could be a sharpness increase, which is another attack multiplier increase.
Armor choice, you should start creating some low rank armor (Jaggi, Wroggi, Barroth, etc) if not for their skills, atleast for their defense value.

These initial upgrades should be easy to do, with most upgrades only needing a few ores, and armors needing a few monster materials. This should help you in the amount of damage you deal to the monster, and the amount of damage you are taking from the monster.
---
NNID: Preblecw
#5Xyr3XPosted 6/27/2013 9:46:49 AM
Also, if you search the board for"Qurupeco" you will find that you are not the only one struggling early with this bird. There are tips out there.
Basically, punch him in the throat, attack his tail, roll when he tries to clap his flints on your head, dont aim at the flints (you will bounce and not do as much damage) when you see him screaming for help you punch him in the throat some more. Bring potions, mega potions, and materials to make more if needed. Also bring whetstones and always sharpen if you get in the red.

Hope this all helps.
Write back with tales of your success
---
NNID: Preblecw