After the servers go down...

#1GhostradomasPosted 6/30/2013 6:00:02 PM
First of all I apologize if this has been clarified, but I couldn't find the info when I searched.

When the servers for this game inevitably go down, will I still be able to play on wii u locally with my friends on 3ds?
---
FC: 5284 - 2851 - 5884
#2demonfang0Posted 6/30/2013 7:11:25 PM
You could still cross-play since you wouldn't be going into Network Mode.

tl;dr yes
#3BeckeragePosted 7/1/2013 11:44:01 AM
dont worry, im sure there is at least 2 years for the servers on this game. Tri went for 3 years!
#4CaptainRandom1Posted 7/1/2013 2:05:53 PM
This game actually runs on Nintendo servers. IIRC Nintendo hasn't shut down any of their servers yet, so this probably wont go down for years.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#5flanqerPosted 7/1/2013 3:58:35 PM
CaptainRandom1 posted...
This game actually runs on Nintendo servers. IIRC Nintendo hasn't shut down any of their servers yet, so this probably wont go down for years.

You haven't checked your Wii lately, have you? Nintendo shut down a bunch of the Wii services last week (June 27, 2013). According to the notice they sent out via the Wii Message Board, the following services were shut down:

Forecast Channel
News Channel
Everybody Votes Channel
Nintendo Channel
Check Mii Out Channel
Mii exchanges via Mii Channel
online messages via Wii Message Board
online messages & data exchange "in some games" (they didn't say which ones)

The Wii Shop Channel is the only thing I know of that still works. I haven't bothered to test the few Wii games I own that have online features, since I never used those features anyway.

The only ones I'm miffed about are the Nintendo Channel, because I can no longer view my total gameplay records, and the Forecast Channel, because one of my games used that to set the weather in one location.
#6Valkenhayn1Posted 7/1/2013 4:06:31 PM
Well they just switched to a new console, so i think its because of that, but who knows, lets hope they stay up for long and stay hack free.
---
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
#7CaptainRandom1Posted 7/3/2013 10:33:41 AM
flanqer posted...
CaptainRandom1 posted...

You haven't checked your Wii lately, have you? Nintendo shut down a bunch of the Wii services last week (June 27, 2013). According to the notice they sent out via the Wii Message Board, the following services were shut down:

Forecast Channel
News Channel
Everybody Votes Channel
Nintendo Channel
Check Mii Out Channel

The Wii Shop Channel is the only thing I know of that still works. I haven't bothered to test the few Wii games I own that have online features, since I never used those features anyway.

The only ones I'm miffed about are the Nintendo Channel, because I can no longer view my total gameplay records, and the Forecast Channel, because one of my games used that to set the weather in one location.

I meant with games, but I can see your point.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#8MikeisapoetPosted 7/4/2013 11:19:35 AM
flanqer posted...
CaptainRandom1 posted...

Forecast Channel
News Channel
Everybody Votes Channel
Nintendo Channel
Check Mii Out Channel

Those all used WiiConnect24, that's why.
---
If you were to ask me what kind of person I was, I'd tell you I listen to dubstep, country, rap and thrash metal. I think that makes me a pretty level person.