Just Started Playing Game on Charm Table 8 (Please Help!)

#1MyNamePeggyPosted 7/2/2013 12:36:24 PM
I just started playing the game and found out I'm on Charm Table 8. Will I be ok on this Charm Table?

Also, what is the first thing I should focus on when playing this game? I made the mistake of going online first thing and got my ass handed to me. Should I be making armors and weapons offline before I go back online again?
#2Valkenhayn1Posted 7/2/2013 1:01:33 PM
If youre not gonna go hardcore into the charm table stuff you can / should just ignore what table youre on and roll with what you got, and of course, getting gear and most importantly offline first is always a plus.
---
You can never trust anyone who spells with dollar signs in their license plates.
#3Valkenhayn1Posted 7/2/2013 1:02:08 PM
damnit, most importantly experience*
---
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
#4beezysheezyPosted 7/2/2013 1:05:01 PM
Charm tables matter very little and were kind of blown out of proportion. At the very least, you just want to make sure you're not on a "cursed" table, which Table 8 isn't so you're fine.

It's usually recommended (especially if this is your first MH) to play offline long enough to get a decent armor set (Jaggi works just fine) and a few weapon upgrades before jumping into the port quests (network mode or not).
#5MyNamePeggy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 1:19:31 PM
Make Jaggi armor before going back online. That sounds like a good idea.

Do all the non cursed tables offer a variety of Charms? I don't want to just be stuck with evade or guard charms. I need some other skills to if I'm ever going to make decent sets I would imagine.
#6ANelsonPosted 7/2/2013 2:44:40 PM
All non-cursed Charm tables have tons of options... if you're going by the short descriptions of the tables, don't worry. There's way, way more out there than what they've highlighted.
#7Jax0349Posted 7/2/2013 2:48:02 PM
Definitely get the feel of the game a little more in Moga Village before venturing back online. You'll be more prepared and cart less. You'll also be more familiar with some of the monsters attacks and behavior patterns which is always helpful. Practice, practice, practice and never give up. Like previously stated Jaggi armor is a great early set gemmed to Attack Up (M). The weapon is really up to you and what your most comfortable playing with though. Use your time offline to experiment with each type and find what's best for you. When you do go back online, always eat before quests and bring plenty of healing items. Depending on which quest your doing prepare ahead by bringing proper supplies such as hot and cool drinks etc... as well. The rest will come with time the longer you play.

As for charms I really can't answer that as I don't know what everyone's luck has been with each table. I have quite a variety of different charms, but I'm on a different table than you. I landed on table 2. Not considered a great table, but I still managed to make every skill set I needed in the game. Made some rather good sets actually. Good enough to suit my needs anyway.

Best of luck and happy hunting! :)
#8MyNamePeggy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 2:56:12 PM
Thanks for your help! ^_^