Whats the earliest point you can get a Dragon lance?

#1jaimito_vondPosted 7/6/2013 9:21:05 AM
I wanna fight the village Azure Rathalos, but I just hate the idea of getting the rust lance, so is there any other Dragon-element lance at the point I am, or will I have to suck it up and do a few dozens of volcano tours for the rust lance?
---
Steam acc:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994918679
#2Devil_Killer_JCPosted 7/6/2013 9:51:20 AM
Hate to say it, but the rusted lance path is the first dragon element lance you can get. The next one would be the Grief Lance path, but that requires you to farm Deviljho.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#3Holy_forksPosted 7/6/2013 10:40:12 AM
I highly suggest you suck it up and wait till jho. Getting the rust lance and spending about 200 stones to upgrade is really going to suck when you hit Grank and get a worn lance which is better in every way.
---
MH3U/NNID : Holyfork Hr:100+
#4PokemonYoutubePosted 7/7/2013 1:26:13 PM
You can actually get the Deviljho lance offline before fighting Azure Rathalos. There's that Jaggia quest in which a Deviljho always spawns. You can use that quest to get Deviljho materials way before you get an actual Deviljho quest.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#5Devil_Killer_JCPosted 7/7/2013 1:37:05 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...
You can actually get the Deviljho lance offline before fighting Azure Rathalos. There's that Jaggia quest in which a Deviljho always spawns. You can use that quest to get Deviljho materials way before you get an actual Deviljho quest.

Well, there is that. idk if that would work though. IIRC, I didn't get any Deviljho mats as a reward from the quest when I killed him there, just carves.
---
biohazardmercenaries.com
#6crowe_1Posted 7/7/2013 1:39:13 PM
Yeah the rusted lance is not very good. I would skip it, especially considering the time it would take to farm it.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#7PokemonYoutubePosted 7/7/2013 1:41:33 PM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
PokemonYoutube posted...

Well, there is that. idk if that would work though. IIRC, I didn't get any Deviljho mats as a reward from the quest when I killed him there, just carves.

On second thought, it probably wouldn't work. The Deviljho parts you need to forge the lance can be obtained by carving pretty easily (Fangs, Scales, Tails) but you also need Blackcurl Horns to forge it, and I don't remember whether you have access to Black Diablos offline before Azure Rathalos.
---
#8Devil_Killer_JCPosted 7/7/2013 1:46:35 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...
PokemonYoutube posted...

On second thought, it probably wouldn't work. The Deviljho parts you need to forge the lance can be obtained by carving pretty easily (Fangs, Scales, Tails) but you also need Blackcurl Horns to forge it, and I don't remember whether you have access to Black Diablos offline before Azure Rathalos.

Yeah you're right, midnight madness is a 9* village quest, and that is the earliest you have access to a Black Diablos. That's a little later than Azure Rathalos, since you need to do a few key quests at 9* before that quest is available.
---
biohazardmercenaries.com
#9PokemonYoutubePosted 7/7/2013 1:50:15 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...
PokemonYoutube posted...

Yeah you're right, midnight madness is a 9* village quest, and that is the earliest you have access to a Black Diablos. That's a little later than Azure Rathalos, since you need to do a few key quests at 9* before that quest is available.

Wait, actually it is possible. The first quest you encounter Azure Rathalos in is the 9* quest Azure Attack, but that quest is not one of the key quests required to unlock Black Diablos. To do that, you need to do the 9* quests Desert Storm (Sand Barioth) and Jumping At Shadows (Nargacuga). Then, you unlock Midnight Madness, and you could theoretically complete that and get the Blackcurl Horns before ever doing Azure Attack.
---
#10Devil_Killer_JCPosted 7/7/2013 1:53:41 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...
Wait, actually it is possible. The first quest you encounter Azure Rathalos in is the 9* quest Azure Attack, but that quest is not one of the key quests required to unlock Black Diablos. To do that, you need to do the 9* quests Desert Storm (Sand Barioth) and Jumping At Shadows (Nargacuga). Then, you unlock Midnight Madness, and you could theoretically complete that and get the Blackcurl Horns before ever doing Azure Attack.

LoL@me, I thought that A. Rathalos quest was a key quest. Fail...

But yeah, that would work.
---
biohazardmercenaries.com