Thinking of giving up playing Monster Hunter :*(

#11MyNamePeggy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 4:13:22 PM
Sunshinelady posted...
You know, when you are an adult with a job, that kind of thing happens a lot more. Better be prepared for it. You need to develop a thicker skin. Yes, its a videogame, that's exactly the point. What more when real things are at stake?

You don't know me from Adam. I could be retired and drawing social security for all you know. Yes, it's a silly video game but it still hurts to be made feel inferior. I don't care what it pertains to in life. Everyone has feelings. A game is leisure and supposed to be enjoyable not ruined by jerks. Work is work and life is life. Hell is expected there, but not in something that is meant to be enjoyable. Now thanks for your two cents.
#12SunshineladyPosted 7/7/2013 4:21:35 PM
That is exactly the point. Are you easily detracted in real life as well? That is what I am saying.

You are on a message board- this not even ancillary to the game. It is completely optional. You don't ever have to visit these boards to play MH3U. You voluntarily come here and it can affect you negatively despite the fact that at any given time, you can at your own free will stop coming here. What happens when life throws things at you that you cannot avoid? That is my point.

Better to face your problems, or grow a thicker skin, or take the criticism as a motivation to be better at something. Each time you get criticism and run from it, you gain nothing from it. In videogames and in life.
---
You don't know how they lost a heart? It was probably Tartaros. That heart breaker.
#13swordsman126Posted 7/7/2013 4:22:30 PM
Come to the 3DS MH3U board when you're asking for advice, seems like there's less elitism there.
---
There's no kill like overkill.
#14johnydrexelPosted 7/7/2013 4:25:35 PM
swordsman126 posted...
Come to the 3DS MH3U board when you're asking for advice, seems like there's less elitism there.

There is also this. I try to make a point to never ask a question on this one.
---
I just type crap that sounds legit.
#15lostsoul1312Posted 7/7/2013 4:36:09 PM
Why give up playing Monster Hunter? Just give up Gamefaqs. Your problems are with the Gamefaqs community and not Monster Hunter.
---
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/EternalSkyDragon?feature=watch
twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vagabondwolf
#16MGZekePosted 7/7/2013 4:40:29 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...
You really don't need to give a crap about what those guys say. Anything you do/use will get the job done in this game.

Basically this. I love melee and absolutely despise shooting, so what if my goldbeard time is 16 minutes? Thank you, I prefer that time with my SA over 5 mins with some bowgun because I like playing it that way.
#17apolloflameownsPosted 7/7/2013 4:41:46 PM
MGZeke posted...
PokemonYoutube posted...
You really don't need to give a crap about what those guys say. Anything you do/use will get the job done in this game.

Basically this. I love melee and absolutely despise shooting, so what if my goldbeard time is 16 minutes? Thank you, I prefer that time with my SA over 5 mins with some bowgun because I like playing it that way.

gb2unity scrub
---
OFFICIAL KID ICARUS UPRISING CHAMPION/FUSION MASTER
Online Name = ******** (All Stars in Name)
#18The_tall_midgetPosted 7/7/2013 4:46:20 PM
lostsoul1312 posted...
Why give up playing Monster Hunter? Just give up Gamefaqs. Your problems are with the Gamefaqs community and not Monster Hunter.

This. What you said, tc, make no sense.

It's all a "woe is me!" topic. I mean really? My existence prevents you from enjoying a game you play by yourself?

I mean I know I had an influence on the little people (Tall_midget, get it?) but this is ridiculous.
---
When complaining about fail players from fail teams in your games, remember : you were part of it.
#19Krazoa2Posted 7/7/2013 5:00:53 PM
You're going to stop playing a game because elitist idiots on a board are making fun of you for playing it poorly? You ARE inferior at this game. You haven't put in the time, work, nor thought (though this one's rare) required to play the game as well as the people looking down their noses at you. So instead of trying to get better so you won't have issues anymore, you're gonna sit on the ground and cry? You need to grow up and get over it. This is Gamefaqs, not a high school soap opera.

This is beyond pathetic, and the fact you're directly calling all these people asses just makes it worse. I mean...they are being asses as well as giving bad advice, but it's your fault for taking their posts seriously.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#20manjiPosted 7/7/2013 5:01:15 PM
you really should just ignore people and play for fun. it's a game and we are very fortunate to have the luxury and free time to play this game. there's no need that i see, to let others detract from your enjoyment and exploration of this game. for every handful of people who aren't so nice, there are another handful of those who are genuinely care free and know how to let someone have their own fun in their own ways, while still being helpful without being demeaning.