Thinking of giving up playing Monster Hunter :*(

#81G3neric_UserPosted 7/9/2013 1:32:48 PM
MGZeke posted...
G3neric_User posted...
It's your choice between mindless 15 minutes and mindless 6 minutes. I myself only consider those stupid that stick to one type of farming because they like "challenging" gameplay (in all Elder Dragon-sans-Alatreon's case, anyway, since they ARE NOT HARD with whatever weapon you choose to take them on, just faster or slower to die) and then get involved in arguments how injustice is done to them because they don't use the easy way out.

As I said before, I am genuinely disgusted with ranged weapons and no way in hell will I ever use them, even if it is something as dull as goldbeard to deal with. Yeah, I soloed my entire non-DLC game including MoaH and Alatreon in high rank gear, yet I'm apparently scrub for sticking to my preferred playstyle. God forbid anyone to have their way, let's belittle them with insults and condescending tone. Good thing I'll probably stick to solo gameplay, so my horrible inability to maximize efficiency will never ever ruin anyone's goldbeard experience.

Like I said, do whatever comes to your mind (I'm soloing anyway, since I don't have a WiiU, so I'm the last one you'll run into online), nobody will call you out on it. Just don't start an argument because you do, that's all. And seriously, why give a flying Rathalos' butt about someone calling you a scrub, especially when you're playing solo and no one is interfering with your play/you're hindering none's?

Addendum: Maybe I'm completely misinterpreting your post, but it seems that you overlooked the little challenging in parentheses. If I did, my apologies.
---
I'm starving!
#82tiffinthedogPosted 7/9/2013 1:59:40 PM
Surely doing something faster doen't always mean you are better? What is the point in switching to a weapon you don't enjoy to kill goldy faster?
There are a few topics I have read (I read more than post) where (example) :
'Help! How do i kill village duramboros!'
'Use miralis lance!'

Or whatever. WTF?
#83G3neric_UserPosted 7/9/2013 2:14:20 PM
tiffinthedog posted...
Surely doing something faster doen't always mean you are better? What is the point in switching to a weapon you don't enjoy to kill goldy faster?
There are a few topics I have read (I read more than post) where (example) :
'Help! How do i kill village duramboros!'
'Use miralis lance!'

Or whatever. WTF?

Not necessarily, of course. But I try to keep my gameplay fresh and reduce the grind as much as possible, be it through different weapons, through quest reward hunting or through faster kill times.
Concerning Advice: Answering with the most efficient/easiest method is usually the most friendly advice you can give. If you ask generally, that's what you'll get. If you ask specifically (which afair doesn't happen often/ever), you'll get a specific answer, simple as that.
---
I'm starving!
#84The_tall_midgetPosted 7/9/2013 4:20:42 PM(edited)
MyNamePeggy posted...
Just so you know I didn't give up and I beat Dire Miralis. That might not be a great accomplishment to any of you, but I'm happy! ^_^

Another thing is this will be my last post here on these boards as it's mostly nothing more than a bunch of trolls. Good day, goodbye and good riddance!

You got 1 part correctly.

Oh and for the record, you didn't beat Dire Miralis.

You and others did.
---
When complaining about fail players from fail teams in your games, remember : you were part of it.
#85Krazoa2Posted 7/9/2013 4:23:13 PM
SETUP DISK posted...
Are you guys not even reading the posts or thinking about what you are posting? If someone doesn't want to play the game the same way as you that does not make you better.
Sure if you don't have the time or patience play your way. But if someone else enjoys not always using the same gear, pattern as you they just might find it boring repeatedly doing the exact same thing over and over. Striving to do better is your goal, what makes the challenge or fun of the game for you. Actually when I play that is my goal as well, but I realize that's not what everyone enjoys in the game.

Some people speed run games like Metroid, others take their time to find everything or just mess around even after their first playthrough. Not everyone is going to play a game your way. Your way, their way, my way is not the way for everyone. Man I hate people, no offence, just in general.

Hence why they were giving bad advice despite how badly they claim it was good, or actually "the best".

G3neric_User posted...
Not necessarily, of course. But I try to keep my gameplay fresh and reduce the grind as much as possible, be it through different weapons, through quest reward hunting or through faster kill times.
Concerning Advice: Answering with the most efficient/easiest method is usually the most friendly advice you can give. If you ask generally, that's what you'll get. If you ask specifically (which afair doesn't happen often/ever), you'll get a specific answer, simple as that.

Friendly doesn't have to do with which advice you choose to give, it has to do with how you present said advice. The people who are in question here weren't being close to friendly. TC was also given advice that went against the specifics in her OP in another one of her topics, which is why not only was the advice provided rudely, but it also wasn't the best and maybe not even good advice to begin with. The guys were being elitest douches, there isn't a doubt about that except typically by the elitests themselves, but the worst part was that their advice sucked anyway.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#86The_tall_midgetPosted 7/9/2013 4:31:01 PM
*Arrives with 50 cheese wheels in his hands*

*looks at recent posts*

Oh wow. I'll need more cheese for all of this.
---
When complaining about fail players from fail teams in your games, remember : you were part of it.
#87Pots_TogoPosted 7/9/2013 5:32:22 PM
Omgosh guys, I literally just farted as I read this entire post. I'm super proud of myself.

Anyway, to the OP, suck it up and welcome to the internet. If you give up games because they are hard and people put you down, then I can't imagine how you handle your real life.
#88IHateMrCatsPosted 7/9/2013 6:15:01 PM
Good to see that the board hasn't changed in the time I've been away. Good read so far. Gunning has exploded in the last few months then I take it? User wise that is. The weapon was pretty beastly to begin with if I remember right, if you could dodge anyway.
---
MH3U: Duene. www.Youtube.com/IHateMrCats
Have a Nice Day Ladies and Gentlemen
#89philkid3Posted 7/10/2013 12:34:21 AM
Sunshinelady posted...
You know, when you are an adult with a job, that kind of thing happens a lot more. Better be prepared for it. You need to develop a thicker skin. Yes, its a videogame, that's exactly the point. What more when real things are at stake?

Having been an adult with a career for a decade now. . . what?
---
I like swords.
Brawl FC: 2535-3291-2881 (Robby)
#90NeyrvPosted 7/10/2013 12:57:27 PM
you should quit playing videogames in general if all it takes is some people on the internet making you feel "bad"

really, if you want to fix your problem
get. off. this. board.

there will be swarms of these "Elites" hovering above your butt every second you browse here, they are more persistent than Bhanabras