Help me decide between these 2 Grongigas sets!

#21ScubaRec0n(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 7:23:40 AM
ZeroUnderOne posted...
I would say go with Set 1 because I think that HGE is more useful than razor sharp. More headpound openings really speed things up for hammer. Stay offensive until they leave then sharpen.

This is the set I use for Grongigas. I'm fairly certain this is the best set for Grong.

http://mhag.info/mhtrig/viewset.htm?s=ZuO's%20Grongigas%20Set%20%231%20:%20G.B.H.253.2.31.134.C.268.1.134.A.249.1.134.W.239.1.32.L.247.1.134.X.1.134.Y.0.2.48.5.111.7.0

You could give up the bomb boost for CE+3 but I've experienced quicker runs with the bomb boost in place since it triggers more staggers.

Trust me if I had that Handi+5 Free Element + 7 I woud
#22hansonchuehPosted 7/11/2013 9:34:04 AM
ScubaRec0n posted...
hansonchueh posted...
XeroShinobi posted...
apolloflameowns posted...
Honed blade
Razor sharp
Rock steady

Thank me later.

HGE, Sharpness+1, Awaken, Critical Eye+3 is better.

I agree, though apollo doesn't. We already spent 50+ posts on that in another topic.

I dont understand this post?

are you saying that set 2 is better than set 1 in general or just with grongigas?

HGE, Sharpness+1, Awaken, Critical Eye+3 is better for Grongigas.

For lower physical raw weapons, Rock Steady/Honed Blade is better, though you shouldn't be using low raw hammers in the first place.
---
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted
#23apolloflameownsPosted 7/11/2013 9:42:00 AM
XeroShinobi posted...
Honed blade
Razor sharp
Rock steady

Thank me later.

too inconsistent. Terrible set. Because grongigas will always have negative/affinity crit eye is bad because it ruins your staggers no matter what.
---
OFFICIAL KID ICARUS UPRISING CHAMPION/FUSION MASTER
Online Name = ******** (All Stars in Name)
#24hansonchuehPosted 7/11/2013 10:00:38 AM
XeroShinobi posted...
Honed blade
Razor sharp
Rock steady

Thank me later.

too inconsistent. Terrible set. Because grongigas will always have negative/affinity crit eye is bad because it ruins your staggers no matter what.

You're not making any sense. Only your set of Honed Blade/Razor/Rock Steady has negative affinity. Our set of HGE/Sharpness+1/Awaken/CE+3 has positive affinity.

So you're now saying your set is bad because it ruins staggers and our set is better?
---
#25apolloflameownsPosted 7/11/2013 10:07:48 AM
hansonchueh posted...
XeroShinobi posted...
Honed blade
Razor sharp
Rock steady

Thank me later.

You're not making any sense. Only your set of Honed Blade/Razor/Rock Steady has negative affinity. Our set of HGE/Sharpness+1/Awaken/CE+3 has positive affinity.

So you're now saying your set is bad because it ruins staggers and our set is better?

both negative and positive affinity are inconsistent and thus making crit eye skills worthless. Considering it is xeroshinobi who said it and since he claims that 90% affinity is too inconsistent and ruins staggers then it's also safe to say that 15% affinity ruins staggers as well. Overall terrible set.

/xero logic
---
#26hansonchuehPosted 7/11/2013 10:29:08 AM
hansonchueh posted...
XeroShinobi posted...
Honed blade
Razor sharp
Rock steady

Thank me later.

both negative and positive affinity are inconsistent and thus making crit eye skills worthless. Considering it is xeroshinobi who said it and since he claims that 90% affinity is too inconsistent and ruins staggers then it's also safe to say that 15% affinity ruins staggers as well. Overall terrible set.

/xero logic

XeroShinobi only made one post, and that was "HGE, Sharpness+1, Awaken, Critical Eye+3 is better."

So now you're just making things up.
---
#27hansonchuehPosted 7/11/2013 10:35:33 AM
So anyways back on topic. Looks like the best set depends on monster roars.

Regular roars:

Earplugs/Awaken/Sharpness+1/CE+2/Bombardier

High roars:

HGE/Awaken/Sharpness+1/CE+3
---
#28apolloflameownsPosted 7/11/2013 10:43:17 AM
The best set is still pure raw. And I was talking about zeros posts in a different topic on where he said 0 and 100% affinity are the only two consistent affinities and thus the only ones worth using.
---
#29hansonchuehPosted 7/11/2013 11:03:40 AM
The best set is still pure raw. And I was talking about zeros posts in a different topic on where he said 0 and 100% affinity are the only two consistent affinities and thus the only ones worth using.

I'm confused. In one post you said stagger is the most important. In another post you say raw is the most important. Make up your mind! If you want stagger you want Awaken because 400 slime is a lot of extra staggers.

And no, the best set isn't pure raw. 400 Slime is a lot, as is HGE. Some of the high roar monsters only lowers their head during roars and certain moves.
---
#30ShadowMaster684Posted 7/11/2013 11:09:44 AM(edited)
hansonchueh posted...
Some of the high roar monsters only lowers their head during roars and certain moves.

Diablos, Deviljho, Duramboros, and Brachydios all raise their heads during roars, and Gigginox's head is always low to the ground anyway.

Those are most of the monsters that require high-grade (or in some cases rock steady) in the first place. I don't have any idea what point you were trying to make.
---
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
NNID: Vanguard_VII