Bowgun wyvern fire?

#1AvatarOfBaganPosted 7/12/2013 9:36:26 PM
Ok, I can't figure out how to use wyvern fire for my bowguns, light or heavy, and the FAQs are useless.

Also, does it mean it can be rapid fired in the traditional sense?
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
Kool Frostbyte - XBL gamer tag.
#2mattfrankPosted 7/12/2013 9:51:07 PM
You need to remove the limiter off a HBG that support that type of ammunition..

It seems utterly useless or may be I still haven't figured out which situation to use it.
---
FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637
#3AvatarOfBagan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 11:53:11 PM
I see. Yeah that's kinda weird.

Fortunatly my brother tends to use Heavy Bowguns with shields and the lack of movement won't bother him.

Thanks for telling me.

As for the rapid fire thing... perhaps it means that in MH 1 and 2 it could only be fired like the gunlance and had a cooldown timer?

Dunno, Tri for Wii was my intro to the series, though I researched the monsters of the previous gens.
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
Kool Frostbyte - XBL gamer tag.
#4mattfrankPosted 7/13/2013 12:00:33 AM
Rapid fire is a feature exclusive to LBG,it splits a single shot into 3-5 weaker bullets and fire them rapidly.
---
FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637
#5Holy_forksPosted 7/13/2013 1:01:29 AM
The "this ammo can be rapidfired" you see in the flavor text is about the fact you dont have a 1-2 minute timer on it. It has no relation to the LBG rapidfire. Wyvern fire is only for limiter off HBGS though and the biggest clip is 2 (without load up)

Wyvern fire used to be exclusive to gunlances and they had to wait until it cooled down between every shot.
---
MH3U/NNID : Holyfork Hr:100+
#6t3hNubPosted 7/13/2013 1:08:38 PM
Ok, I can't figure out how to use wyvern fire for my bowguns, light or heavy, and the FAQs are useless. Also, does it mean it can be rapid fired in the traditional sense?

Only HBG can use Wyvern Fire shots, and then only after removing the Limiter. Since it's HBG (no Rapid Fire possible ever), it cannot be Rapid Fire'd.

Wyvern Fire shots themselves mimic the Gunlances Wyvern Fire from which they get their name; unlike GL WF however the HBG WF round are even shorter range, do not deal Fixed damage, and are generally terrible. They are amusing but pointless.

mattfrank posted...
Rapid fire is a feature exclusive to LBG,it splits a single shot into 3-5 weaker bullets and fire them rapidly.

This. A typical Rapid Fire volley consumes 1 ammo and quickly shoots 3 shots at about 60% power or so each for a net gain of nearly double damage per ammo, the tradeoff being time consumption and being locked in place during the volley. Rapid Fire is good for getting the most out of limited quantities of Elemental shots, extremely good for explosives and status shots (as they are essentially unaffected by the damage penalty since explosives are Fixed rather than based on weapon attack and Status value isn't damage in the first place), and often a disadvantage for common damage shots like Normal/Pierce/Pellet that don't really need to budget ammo.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#7Plasma EXEPosted 7/13/2013 2:46:53 PM(edited)
Someone should try figuring out the numbers on Bowgun Wyvern fire, game has been out for quite awhile and I'm still curious. I'm surprised the guide has nothing on it (and why Capcom would go out of their way to change HBG Wyvern Fire in this game to make it even more useless in this game I don't know >__>).
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336