Clash of fists*

#1SakemartiniPosted 7/30/2013 7:37:23 AM
ive had a horrible run tonight with this beast, any strategies on how to take him down?

i created a room and went through numerous randoms and not a single kill, i noticed alot of hunters using slime weapons, despite having high hrs, only some used water weapons or status. i was told that ds, ls, gl, and hammer were the way to go yet when trying ds and gl, he pranced around so much that it draged the battle for ages.

what is the most effective way to take this guy down? if gunning which lbg or hbg should i go for? i recall there was a vid on youtube by some japanese hunters who cleared the quest with ease, problem was the user forgot his setup since it was posted a while ago
---
meh
#2dexter1984Posted 7/30/2013 7:43:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYrBX5iE6Wo

Traps, lots of traps.
#3XeroShinobiPosted 7/30/2013 7:59:45 AM(edited)
Why are they all using slime weapons? Brachy is, not surprisingly, highly resistant to slime.

If those two Spectral Demolisher guys used Bushido attack sets instead, and the HH user went with Stygian Tristitia (AUL song), that would have been so much faster.

That one dude with Alkaid's Asterism is the only one with a half-decent set.
---
Currently playing: not much
#4blackmagisterPosted 7/30/2013 9:44:10 AM
It seems like Brach isn't too vulnerable to paralyze. Just did a run and someone had a para switch axe. The fight took 35 mins but he only paralyzed the monster once. We also had a sleep switch axe user for some reason who only made it sleep twice. Second time was pointless since none of us had more bombs and none of us used GS or even hammer.
#5CheatingtacoPosted 7/30/2013 10:55:20 AM
blackmagister posted...
It seems like Brach isn't too vulnerable to paralyze. Just did a run and someone had a para switch axe. The fight took 35 mins but he only paralyzed the monster once. We also had a sleep switch axe user for some reason who only made it sleep twice. Second time was pointless since none of us had more bombs and none of us used GS or even hammer.

Gunlance is good too for sleep attacking.

@topic
you need players with skill, not weapons.
Change the message to "Looking for Expert Players!"
---
Official Goa Magara of every forum. Ever.
#6AkibaChaosPosted 7/30/2013 11:43:40 AM
Cheatingtaco posted...

That pretty much never attracts good players...
---
NNID: DeadBird
#7Plasma EXEPosted 7/30/2013 1:57:46 PM(edited)
HBGing this thing is a nightmare. Even with shield, if you block his punch, his stupid tail has a ridiculously huge range as a giant that even if you're right in front of him, it'll still trip you and bring you down to 10% health. Don't think there's ever been a quest that made me reconsider going melee for a first kill. Maybe I just need more practice on him, his size really does change his already dumb hit-boxes that stay active for a super long time. I might try using Evasion+ cause I only had evasion distance on my set last time, but I know that's not going to help for dodging his explosions.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#8Sakemartini(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 3:04:12 PM
ok, i'll give this guy another shot tonight, i'll try the trap route, just need to collect a few spider webs, even now i still got that dam brachy theme in my head...
---
meh
#9CheatingtacoPosted 7/30/2013 7:05:35 PM
AkibaChaos posted...
Cheatingtaco posted...

That pretty much never attracts good players...

ur point iz
---
Official Goa Magara of every forum. Ever.
#10realestatemanPosted 7/30/2013 8:50:13 PM
AkibaChaos posted...
Cheatingtaco posted...

That pretty much always attracts good players...

*fix'd
When it says "looking for experts", it changes the room so evry bad player gets kicked and only rly gud players can come in
problem solved!
---
Look up from the sidewalk.
Please.