Would you rather have a map without airlocks?

#1SolidKnightPosted 8/16/2013 2:55:27 AM
I'm curious why they haven't dropped the sub-divided map design yet.
#2pikachupwnagePosted 8/16/2013 3:51:44 AM
Those need to go. I am sick of getting knocked out the screen by a monster or a monster being out the screen yet not moving to the next example after a charge or tripping.
---
Now with PREPOSTEROUS AMOUNTS OF TESTOSTERONE! PREPOSTERONE
#3PhoenixWroggiPosted 8/16/2013 4:15:34 AM
No, I prefer this. With the "airlocks" you create the illusion that the map is huge and it just skips some of the boring walking. Without the airlocks the map would become tiny. Try to imagine the Deserted Island without the airlocks. How would all those diverse areas fit into a single continuous map without it seemingly like the island is tiny and stupid?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Wij1g3H.jpg
April 2nd 1999 - July 27th 2013. Will love you forever, Luzy. :(
#4UlNinPosted 8/16/2013 4:20:02 AM
Minimize the amount of chasing. Different areas allow for very different hunting experiences, with variety in environment and mechanics. It feels very Monster Hunter to have to learn things like where to setup the trap/barrel bombs when a monster zones in and which area it's likely to go to when it zones out.

It's not like there aren't single area hunting grounds like the Tower or Arenas or Sacred Land or Forbidden Sea.
---
Confession Time: I am a button masher
#5johnydrexelPosted 8/16/2013 4:36:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6SunshineladyPosted 8/16/2013 9:49:57 AM
They need to keep the zones but ensure the monsters are not able to cross into areas that you normally cannot enter. And this includes dying as well.

Why they kept in this stupidity of design (monsters dying on areas you cannot reach to carve them) is beyond me.
---
You don't know how they lost a heart? It was probably Tartaros. That heart breaker.
#7Kyoshiro12345Posted 8/16/2013 11:27:55 AM
it has worked for 9 years, dont change it.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#8Devil_Killer_JCPosted 8/16/2013 1:10:39 PM
The "airlocks" should stay, but there should be a slight change in the system. You shouldn't automatically move between sectors by getting too close to the exits (or being launched at them); you should have to press a button, preferably one that isn't used for something else.

This would put an end to some of the annoying things that happen, like drooling monsters camping out near exits, being unable to carve because the monster died too close to the exit, and so on.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#9SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 2:44:19 PM
The thing is, they now have the power to make the map seamless so everything could behave the same way except you no longer need to load. Further, you no longer can exploit switching areas to be safe as well.
#10NidoDariusPosted 8/16/2013 4:29:31 PM
It's fine, get over it. Don't fight near the borders.
---
AC:NL Dream Address: 5000-2107-6731