Will they ever have mounts in Monster Hunter?

#1SolidKnightPosted 8/18/2013 2:32:32 PM
What if you could ride on a great jaggi and lance charge? That would be awesome. Capcom needs to get on this.
#2PhoenixWroggiPosted 8/18/2013 2:36:58 PM
That would be lame.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Wij1g3H.jpg
April 2nd 1999 - July 27th 2013. Will love you forever, Luzy. :(
#3Kyoshiro12345Posted 8/18/2013 3:37:25 PM
that would suck .
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#4SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 6:58:53 PM
Why would it suck? They already have a sandship and sandships make no sense.
#5bustwordPosted 8/18/2013 8:03:48 PM
As of now mounts would serve little to no use. But if future monster hunter games becomes real open world then mounts will probably be needed to help move around the whole map.
#6EdHarveyPosted 8/18/2013 8:33:51 PM
What they are missing is teleporting and summon spells. And being able to trade gold so I can buy from IGE. And instanced raids.
#7Munchie906Posted 8/18/2013 8:43:03 PM
EdHarvey posted...
What they are missing is teleporting and summon spells. And being able to trade gold so I can buy from IGE. And instanced raids.

And auto-regen, <3 auto-regen
#8DarkTheaPosted 8/19/2013 6:45:15 AM
It's not so much that it would be a bad idea, just a very hard one to implement into the game successfully.

The main problem is how the mount interacts with the monsters like if you get hit what happens does the mount fall over and you get knocked off; do you get knocked off and the mount is unaffected; does the mount have a health bar? I mean one of the big mechanics of the game is being punished for being hit if you add a mount into the equation it really complicates things.
---
Nothing in the Dark
#9apolloflameownsPosted 8/19/2013 9:29:31 AM
We need spells to attack monsters in a different area than we are cuz yknow yolo!
---
OFFICIAL KID ICARUS UPRISING CHAMPION/FUSION MASTER
Online Name = ******** (All Stars in Name)
#10Grey_TygrePosted 8/19/2013 2:20:00 PM
It'd be awful, not because of the idea (heck, riding Chocobos was awful in FFT, that didn't stop me from doing it) but because the game isn't set up for mount-based monster combat. Certainly you can imagine riding something to the quest area (you already take a pretty cushy ship there, why not complete it with a ride on tame-Gigginox back? Velvety hide makes for a good seat! :p) but that's pretty much the same as imagining the "airlocks" as a walk between areas where you can hunt monsters effectively in each zone.

As for the sandships, I believe the Great Desert was described to have sands so fine and loose that humans (and most monsters) would sink into them and die, drowning in sand. The Dragonship (and associated sandships) are for traversing the desert's shifty sands, to allow you to fight Jhen Mohran/Hallowed Jhen Mohran on their own turf (at the end of the fight it looks like you're right outside a city, I imagine that the sand is thicker/more solid there).
---
3DS FC is 0920-0012-7211
NNID is Llesnouh