Clashing fists... trying to man up...

#1GreenKemistPosted 8/27/2013 2:57:16 PM
So I haven't had much luck online with the Clashing Fists event quest (too many team carts) and I don't think I'm good enough to run it solo... but I'll be damned if I don't try and man up and figure out how to solo this dude.

I figure I'm gonna try sword n' board with either the final Giggi or the final Ceadeus SnS (not sure what I'd more millage out of, poison or water, feel free to chime in).

The armor set I figured I'd use is a mix set with HGE, S+1, Ev. +1, and quick sharpen (just started looking into a challenger+2 set), but am happy to hear advice concerning a better/safer solo rig.

Chacha and Kayamba... not sure what to do with them, since they'll eat it shortly after the quest starts anyway (I guess Ultimate mask and ???).

So yeah, any advice is appreciated. I'm comfortable with most weapons so if there is a better/safer route to take solo I'm happy to hear it. Otherwise, friendly, hostile, useful, useless, entertaining, and outlandish comments are welcome. Cheers!
---
"Most scientists don't choose to be, they have to be."
Rockstar in theory, chemist in reality...
#2Munchie906Posted 8/27/2013 3:03:12 PM
I really don't think SnS can finish the quest... on top of the low damage output, you'd be slashing at his feet the entire time. He's constantly in rage mode so you wont get trips. He's really mobile so bombing wont really be a good use. Basically out of all the things SnS is good at, staying alive would really be the only thing useful in this quest.
#3GreenKemist(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:21:03 PM
You might be right. Maybe lancing is a better route, but it seems like antiseptic might be a necessity (gotta figure out a new set... do any of his attacks require guard up? Haven't really evade lanced him much so maybe counter lancing is easier... I don't know...
---
"Most scientists don't choose to be, they have to be."
Rockstar in theory, chemist in reality...
#4Munchie906Posted 8/27/2013 4:48:21 PM
He doesn't have anything you can't guard although the aoe blast might hit your back if you're positionedwrong. You also might take quite a bit of chip damage if you're guarding too much(idk what can and can't be negated with guard+ since I never used it on him)
#5TeamEonPosted 8/27/2013 8:40:12 PM
Munchie906 posted...
He doesn't have anything you can't guard although the aoe blast might hit your back if you're positionedwrong. You also might take quite a bit of chip damage if you're guarding too much(idk what can and can't be negated with guard+ since I never used it on him)

His punchsplosion does a lot of chip damage even with Guard +2 and using a lance style weapon if the fist is the part that you block. Also, the tail can hit you from behind and does a bit of damage.
---
Nintendo ID: TeamEon