Starting to use Hunting Horns tonight

#1cgreenwPosted 9/3/2013 6:38:12 PM
I learned a few basics from a video on YouTube, but can anyone fill me in on all the buffs that are available from Magia Charm? I really don't understand the ESP portion of it because I tried several times to do it, and just kept getting Attack Preparation or something.

Also, is there a site dedicated to MH3U HH skills and notes, because the one I looked up included MHFU and did not work the way it was supposed to.
---
I can't think of something fun to do while wasting the short amount of time I have been given to live.
#2IceCooleyPosted 9/3/2013 7:37:34 PM
Well if this game is anything like portable 3rd you can look up all the songs you can play in the equipment menu. Then you just gotta figure out which attacks link to which notes.

I mainly used tha horn on portable 3rd its definitly interesting like a hammer with more range and less power and it still has that super pound.
#3gnomelord255Posted 9/3/2013 8:24:48 PM
cgreenw posted...
I learned a few basics from a video on YouTube, but can anyone fill me in on all the buffs that are available from Magia Charm? I really don't understand the ESP portion of it because I tried several times to do it, and just kept getting Attack Preparation or something.

Also, is there a site dedicated to MH3U HH skills and notes, because the one I looked up included MHFU and did not work the way it was supposed to.

I'm not sure with that specific horn, but the Stygian guitar gives Mind's Eye with

Purple > Purple > Recital > Recital

Or

Purple > Purple > Recital two separate times, before the movement speed increase wears off.

Most songs have a second effect if use Recital twice in a row, or playing the same song before the effect wears off. (Like Attack Up is boosted twice, Melody Duration for a longer period of time)
#4OxygenSupplyPosted 9/4/2013 1:59:22 AM
If you've got Windows, the MH3G Dex program (link in my sig) lists all melodies and their effects. I think you can also find them on the English MH Wikia.

---
Ping's MH3G Dex: A comprehensive, convenient and accurate MH3U database for Windows/Android/iOS.
https://sites.google.com/site/pingsmh3gdex/