Anyone still playing?

#1Dark GunnerPosted 9/12/2013 8:02:52 AM
This was the first MH game I really got into but I got distracted by other things. Now after trying and failing to get into FF14 I find myself wanting to play this game again. Seems to have everything I thought FF14 lacked. Are there still a healthy amount of people playing?
---
PSN: FinalOcean 3DS FC: 1289-8249-2905
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
#2deaddaysPosted 9/12/2013 8:10:13 AM
Nah, 300 hours was the limit for me. Considering put 300 hours into Tri as well, I've pumped about 600 hours into what's essentially 1 game.

Didn't wanna get burnt out on Monster Hunter, what with MH4 looming on the horizon... the very, very, very distant horizon.
#3Dark Gunner(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 8:11:14 AM
Ok, but that doesn't mean everyone who was playing is burnt out.
---
PSN: FinalOcean 3DS FC: 1289-8249-2905
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
#4Wile-E-CoyotePosted 9/12/2013 8:44:29 AM
This board is pretty busy, so I think a lot of people still are. It is going to be 1 year + at least before we likely get MH4 in the West (if we get it at all).

I am at around 400 hours (can't believe it) and not near done yet. I tend to switch back and forth between finishing new quests, building new weapons, building new armor, trying out different types of weapons, etc. I also play mostly solo, so it takes a while to get through all the quests.

Once I finish most of the things I am currently doing with melee weapons I plan to trying out ranged combat.
#5DarthFrozanousPosted 9/12/2013 11:25:22 AM
I actually just started yesterday. Add me! PM me for my miiverse id
---
i5-3570k 3.4ghz | HiS 7950 BOOST 3GB | OCZ 256GB SSD / 18 GB RAM | 2 TB Barracuda | 750GB Hitachi | P8B75-V | Blackwidow Ultimate
Wii U, PS3, 3DS PC | GameFAQS
#6OxygenSupplyPosted 9/12/2013 1:05:43 PM
There are still about ~1000 players on every evening. Even though players are quitting, other players are getting Wii Us. As you may have seen on MHTri, even a couple years after the game's release you could easily find people online.

---
Ping's MH3G Dex: A comprehensive, convenient and accurate MH3U database for Windows/Android/iOS.
https://sites.google.com/site/pingsmh3gdex/
#7OriginalGenPosted 9/12/2013 1:18:39 PM
I'm still on, HR 60 Cirus or HR 4 Lionheart.
---
Wii U NNID: Vorash_Kadan
#8CreoCrazePosted 9/13/2013 11:59:19 AM
I still play quite a bit, though I'm not on every day like I used to be, since many of my friends have gone inactive [4 pages of never-online friends on my roster. ugh]. It's definitely still worth playing, even though it's not the same game it was when it first came out, but just be aware that it'll be harder to find people to help you farm things that are not in popular demand. I've had to solo many of my High Rank part-needs because of this, which I honestly don't mind, but it's always nice to get it done quickly with someone else. Doesn't waste as much time & resources that way, so I'm a bit discouraged at how few people are playing/helping High Rank anymore.

But otherwise, it's still fairly active; And where's there's interest: There's a 4-Player hunt to be had.
#9ssbmrocksPosted 9/14/2013 9:05:15 PM
It's active enough most of the time I've been on. Some nights it gets pretty low, but I can always find a group to play with.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.